advance card question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do Advanced Cards list courses on the back? Wondering if some boat Captains want to see proof of courses taken on the card itself.

all4scuba05:
Do Advanced Cards list courses on the back? Wondering if some boat Captains want to see proof of courses taken on the card itself.
Padi does not. My experiences have been than some Ops want proof of Aow card only - probably for liability concerns as much as anything. Mostly they hope that we're good enough for the dive.

I know SDI just say's Advanced. So I take it that for Deep and Wreck dives, the Charter will have to take my word for it then.

SSI's card list you AOW course's on the back.

Yes, but SSI is the only agency where there are multiple courses to list.

NAUI just issues individual cards for each certification. It would be nice to have it all listed on one master card.

Walter:
Yes, but SSI is the only agency where there are multiple courses to list.

He likely means "specialties."

Blackwood:
He likely means "specialties."

I know, but SSI is the only Advanced card you get for completing full specialties. The AOW cards where you make one dive of 5 different types are not close to full specialties and certainly not worth listing on the card.

Would a Capt or someone look at my card and say that because my specialties are not listed, I can't do the Deep or Wreck Dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom