Advance cover on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ken87

Reaction score
Hi everyone i got 1 question i just want to know if i want to learn advance course what are they going to cover on? what things i going to learn?, i not sure so want some advice.. thanks.. :D

Hi everyone i got 1 question i just want to know if i want to learn advance course what are they going to cover on? what things i going to learn?, i not sure so want some advice.. thanks.. :D

Ken: The answer depends on whether you take a Scuba Diving International Advanced Adventure course or an Advanced Diver Development course.

Advanced Adventure is a single specialty that requires five dives, one deep, one navigation and the remaining three from a menu of SDI specialties such as wreck, drift, night, photography and so on. It is designed to be completed in a couple of days... much like "advanced" certs from several other RSTC sport diving certification agencies.

We have just released a brand-new full color student manual for this specialty. It's 150 pages and has chapters covering Navigation, Deep, Advanced Buoyancy, Boat Diving, Computer Diving, Drift Diving, Drysuit Diving, Night Diving, Underwater Digital Photography, Shore and Beach Diving, Wreck Diving. The manual is intended to be a self-study with the classroom work with your SDI instructor kept to a minimum... The focus of the course being inwater training.

Advanced Diver Development is a longer course requiring a total of 25 dives and completion of four full SDI specialties (Advanced Adventure is usually one of them, but not always). As such, chances are you would learn more on it.

That said, the take-home stuff from either course should include better skills at dive planning and execution, better situational awareness and improved basic inwater skills.\

Hope this answers your questions... please contact me directly for the location of an SDI training facility in your area.

Thanks so much because i living at singapore so i now taking advance diving. if not wrong like what u say "Advanced Adventure is a single specialty that requires five dives, one deep, one navigation and the remaining three from a menu of SDI specialties such as wreck, drift, night, photography and so on. It is designed to be completed in a couple of days... much like "advanced" certs from several other RSTC sport diving certification agencies." i understand this part.. is because i not too sure what things are going to cover for advance. is it normally or mostly people are taking advance adventure? ermm as u say there is specialties if i take night is it night dive plus deep dive during the night time? the five dives is how deep is it? i now got my open water cert just letting u know.. thanks so much

Thanks so much because i living at singapore so i now taking advance diving.

You are welcome Ken... would suggest you contact our regional manager in Singapore, Alex. You'll find him a really helpful guy and he will be able to answer all your questions and guide you towards a dive centre if you are not already working with someone. Here are his contact details. The best of luck and dive safe and often.

Alex Yeo
Regional Manager SDI, TDI South and East Asia
167 Jalan Bukit Merah
Tower 4, #06-12 (SR32)
Connection II
Singapore 150167
Tel/Fax: +65 6377 4472
Mobile: +65 9363 7521
E-mail: Alex.Yeo@tdisdi.com
Web: location ski motoneige canada appartement at tdisdiseasia.com

Just out of curiosity . . . Do you guys include any gas management in the longer course?

Just out of curiosity . . . Do you guys include any gas management in the longer course?

I cover gas management in my SDI Open Water Course and reinforce it in subsequent courses.

Back
Top Bottom