Advice for Red Sea liveaboard in december?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyriJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys! This is my first post so we will see how it goes!

So basically in december I'm going on my first liveaboard ever, which is to Egypt, Marsa Alam. The dates are 1st to 8th of december and the itinerary is South and St. John's. My question is now; what will the temperatures be? Any advice for what to bring?

I've tried to do some research but heard difference things so got confused, does anybody here have any actual dive experience from south Egypt diving in the month december? If so, it would be awesome if you wanted to share some advice!

I'm sure I need a new wetsuit as the one I have now is just 3mm, what should I get? Full 5mm with hooded vest? 7mm? What about on the boat between the dives? A jacket and pants?

Any help is really appreciated! :)

I would expect the water and air to be about 25 Celsius. But you will be doing 3-4 dives per day and it will be very windy on the boat, so my advice is to take some warm, wind resistant clothes with you to get warm between the dives. I would dive in a 7 mm.

I would expect the water and air to be about 25 Celsius. But you will be doing 3-4 dives per day and it will be very windy on the boat, so my advice is to take some warm, wind resistant clothes with you to get warm between the dives. I would dive in a 7 mm.
Okay sweet! Thank you very much :)

water temp = 25°c day temp = (average) 24°c

take care there may be windy days, so a sweater or k-way could be helpful

as Finn diver said, 7mm or semi-dry 5mm should be convenient
Then a 7mm it is! Thank you very much for the help :)

Aside from your scuba gear, you can go light on clothing. Do bring a sweater or windbreaker jacket from warmth though, the air conditioning is always on full blast and after 4 dives you might be slightly chilly even with that 7mm.

Have fun!

Aside from your scuba gear, you can go light on clothing. Do bring a sweater or windbreaker jacket from warmth though, the air conditioning is always on full blast and after 4 dives you might be slightly chilly even with that 7mm.

Have fun!
Awesome! Thanks :)

Hey.. i live in egypt and diving this route regularly and i would say yes a 7mm would do.

I dived in March, shoulder period for water temps I dived a 7 mm and was often the only warm diver. I could have gotten away with my 5 mm on several of the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom