Advice for Tall Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other thing is to use a neoprene "doo-rag", a hood, or a neoprene "swimmer's cap". Blood vessels are close to the surface on the head for a reason (moderate temps of the brain), and so anything less than 98.6 degrees will cool the circulatory system. Keep the core and the head (I also find hands and feet) warm, and I'd bet it wouldn't be so bad.

What are the usual temps when/where you dive warm waters?

I was JUST talking to my husband about getting him a shorty. PROBLEM: He is 6'9", 34" waist, 39" inseam.

Gah! I'm 6'1", 34" and I b*tch about finding a suit that fits...You may want to look at DGX pocket shorts and a separate vest, maybe sleevless (shoulders are the other problem part I find).

I am close to 6’8” ( I hate it and claim 6’7”). I have had pretty good luck with 4XL suit from Camaro. A 3mm will have a little more stretchthan a 5mm. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. Another option might be to get a top and bottom seperately.
Here is a link to their size chart on Divestock.com. They make them, but finding one may be tough
Camaro Black Tec Skin 2.0 Overall

Also be dark and handsome...

As another 6'8" guy 240 lbs I'm also looking into getting a fussion bullet
4x

I bought a Fusion Drysuit that fits pretty well a couple years ago and a 5mm Henderson XXLT Thermoprene wetsuit that is a really good fit last year.

Finding Rock boots for diving dry was a challenge, I eventually ordered a pair of size 14 made by Hollis. I was worried they would be a normal 14 and be too tight with the Sox and booties. Fortunately, they seem loose enough. I am yet to take them in the water.

I'm 6'7, 255lbs and oddly proportioned. 36 inseam, 36 waist, long arms wide shoulders. I have a bear of a time with suits. My hollis neotek 3xl fits well overall. The pads for knees and elbows aren't in the right location, but fits snugly everywhere. My lighter suits are a bit looser in the middle region and I have just come to accept that. Fins are a big issue for me as well, i have to have open toes fins or my really long toes suffer. This is a bigger issue for open heeled fins than for full foot fins. For BCD the hydros adjusts really well for my proportions. Poodle jackets always fit wrong somewhere and that was in 2xl, the hydros adjust perfect in a 1xl. Hoses are an issue, so my primary got switched to a 40" and will most likely be switched to a 48" with swivel because the 40" halos a bit too much and is just too short for under arm routing. I have a large head and even larger snoz, so mask fit took awhile and more than a few tries to dial in. Head room on boats is less than optimal. I use more air at my size, but I have worked to bring my sac rate into the 6's, so happy about that. (Quitting smoking should make a vast improvement on that as well) 25 years smoking, 2 weeks not smoking so still rough.

I bought steel 120s for my local diving. On vacation I burn through the resort’s 80s in no-time. I get tired of people telling me about weighting (big guy, lots of neoprene).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom