Question Advice needed diving Sumbawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g.016

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I will like to ask if anyone has been to Sumbawa for diving and can share more about experience? Am thinking of heading there during mid Feb and am abit worried about the weather, has anyone been during Feb?

I will be interested in reading this, too. I honestly don't know anyone who has been to Sumbawa to dive beyond passing through from Bali to Komodo and back. On a map, it sure looks great. It is pretty painless getting there from Bali and Lombok. Two Fish set up there for a few, but I think that isn't happening anymore. There are whale sharks somewhere... It all seems like something should be going on.

I have looked at Kalimaya's website a number of times but have never pulled the trigger as the prices are a push for me. Also, I kinda go with the idea that in the world of the interwebs, streaming video, digital photography, a gazillion scuba and travel sites, etc... if easily accessible Sumbawa diving was worth the trip, wouldn't we would know it?

FYI, in September 2017 I joined a liveaboard trip on the "Wunderpus" boat, arranged specifically as a nudibranch hunting expedition. The route was:

Bima > dive in Bima bay > Pulau Sangeang > back to Bima for some resupply and more diving in the bay > Pulau Sangeang again > Komodo National Park > Labuanbajo.

Some great muck diving in Bima bay, also interesting diving around Sangeang. Some photos and a video on Flickr here: Diving Bima, Sangeang and Komodo.

There is a dive center that recently opened up at Sumbawa although the price is really steep, hence also my concern on if it's worth to give it a try especially with the weather in Feb!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom