Advice needed on diving in the Similan Islands, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

musafed

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there, was thinking of doing a liveaboard in the Similan Islands some time between now and mid-May - has anyone done one of these recently and could they please advise on viz and general conditions? Thx

Hi Musafed!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm going to move your post into our Thailand forum where you may get some more answers. You can find your thread here

Hope this helps!

Check out Thailand Liveaboards - Liveaboard Indonesia, diving Thailand, Similan diving, Andaman dive trips and dive Komodo. They have a couple of nice sailing boats that they run trips from. Good bunch of guys and the food onboard is great. Get on the MV Siren if you can. And try and go as soon as possible. The monsoon usually starts around the end of May. My girlfriend is out there now. She called me yesterday from the Similans and said the 1st day of diving was great.

The diving there is great, and the period you're coming is excellent as well. What I would recommend, is either come at the beginning of the season (November) or at the end, March-April. it will be a lot quieter then than during the height of the season, and conditions are normally excellent. In November chances are there will be some waves, but normally the visibility is better than later on in the season (at the moment though the vis is also good), in March-April the seas are flat, but there is more plankton in the water, reducing the visibility, increasing the chances of manta rays/whale sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom