Advice on best "house reef" location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caz777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heya,

I am hoping you can help me with advice experiences, on where to go next in Egypt.

I am planning a trip to Egypt late February together with my wife (who also dives), our 8 months old baby, and my parents (who are not divers). Currently we are not able to be away more than roughly 1 week, so that is why Egypt is considered best choice.

What we are looking for:

Good (luxurious) accomodations (for my parents)
Great diving options. Due to our infant we anticipate that most diving will be done as shore diving due to "no planning", but perhaps also minor boat/rib dives.

We are both AOW divers and have 150+ dives. We have previously been to Marsa Shagra 4 times, and love it there. But for my parents we would prefer something a little more luxurious.

Initially I considered mostly the Marsa Alam area, but I am very open to other areas as well.

Currently what googling has brought me as possible alternatives are:

Coraya Bay, Soma Bay, Concorde Moreen.

Anyone have experiences with these places? Or do you have experiences with other places with unlimited great shore diving?

Regards
Casper

Hi,

Coraya Bay and Coraya Divers, you can dive on your own here, the bay is protected from the winds and will keep you busy for a couple of days or more. I go there regularly. Can recommend Iberotel Samaya which is very family friendly just a 100 m away from the pontoon where the divers go in, actually all the hotels in the bay are good ( note the Iberotel Coraya Beach is adults only )
Coraya-Divers Egypt, dive school and dive base, red sea, Marsa Alam -

HI again,

You are not getting much response. Here is another one I completely forgot about. Oriental Bay Resort at Gebel El Rosas Bay 45 km south of Marsa Alam airport. The superior rooms are actually apartments with 2 separate bedrooms each with its own door key and en-suite bathroom. The hotel is 4* not necessarily luxurious but the rooms are fairly new with excellent large beds. The AC works well and is SILENT ! The clientele is mainly CZ, PL, D , diving is good in the bay and the nearby sites. It's not on par with Coraya Bay (nor is the price) but I liked it there and will return next Summer. Scuba Diving Reviews | Dive Shop Reviews | Ducks Diving Superior Marsa Alam | Marsa Alam | Egypt

Back
Top Bottom