Advice on diving gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicolas

Registered
Reaction score
I need to buy a complete diving gear soon and need advice on which BCD, Reg/octopus, 3mm wet suit, and computer to buy. I intend to invest in some long-lasting and good equipment but reasonably priced. Is there a good store on the web you recommend? Thanks.

Nicolas

I will be using this equipment primarily in SouthEast Asia and in the South Pacific as a divemaster and hopefully instructor.

Nicolas,

Are you trolling?

You (apparently) own no gear and are in the market for
some to use as a DIVE MASTER or INSTRUCTOR?

Huh?

What gear have you BEEN using for dive-mastering/instructing?

Something seems a bit off.

G_M

Me thinks someone is in a hurry! What does your LDS have to offer. My experience is that you will probably need to swap parts around a little a first to get the items that will work for you. This is a lot easier through a good LDS than through the Internet. My choice? Zeagle Scout BCD; Geneis Yukon reg, okto and gauges; Aqua Lung Hawaii 2 mask, genesis fins, I bought way to nice of a snorkel (don't use it musch anymore.) Genesis react computer (when I can afford one.) But then I have no aspiration of ever taking diving anywhere but simply recreation. Don't get in a hurry. By the time that you have read this forum long enough to know where the good internet places are, it might be time for you to start buying some stuff on-line. :type:

I am just AOW now. Before starting a DiveMaster (and later instructor) course this summer, I want to purchase my own gear. So far I have been diving with different equipment that I rented.

You need a reg which can be serviced worldwide. I'd recommend the Scubapro MK16/S600 with R380 octo. Get DIN and Yoke fittings. Oceanic and Genesis market nice gauges. The Datamax pro plus is a good pick. Get the Scubapro frameless or Cressi Big eye. Fins are optional but get the best fit with the type of boot you prefer for tropics. As a divemaster you should have something trendy like the SP twin jet or Atomic split. TUSA fins, etc will probably be big in SE Asia. The Scout BC is good pick for tropics.

Back
Top Bottom