Advice on diving Similan and Richelieu Rock and accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcraen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip to Thailand for 10 days the first and second week in April 2009. I will be travelling with a non diver but would like to dive Richelieu Rock and the Similan Islands for 3 days as well. Is there a good place to stay where I can get day trips to these sites? Alos does anyone know if Golden Buddah Resort would be a good place to base ourselves? I like the idea of Monkeys and Wildlife while on shore as well! This is my first trip to Thailand so any advice would be welcome!!

For daytrip diving to the Similans and Richelieu staying anywhere in the Khao Lak area would be okay since you will not have the time/distance factor to worry about in getting up there to board the boat for an early morning departure. Not too many ops offer daytrips to Richelieu, though it is possible to arrange, weather permitting.

Golden Buddha Resort is spectacular! It is very well run and the houses are delightful.

We are a dive centre partner for this resort and you can certainly go on single and/or multiday trips to the Surin Islands and Richelieu Rock from Koh Phra Thong. Your non-diving partner can of course join you in a snorkeling capacity.

Also, there are some pleasant shallow practice areas directly next to Golden Buddha Resort on Koh Phra Thong where your non-diving partner could try a wholly unthreatening Discover Scuba Diving course.

Drop me a line at christof@blue-guru.org if you would like any further information.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom