Aeris AT400 Pro questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgangi

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted this same query on the Aeris manufacturer forum, but I figured I would re-post it here in case any Oceanic or Aeris dealers read these threads...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few questions about the Aeris AT400 Pro regulator.

First, I am considering buying this regulator because I found out that Aeris is a "sister" company to Oceanic. I didn't know that. I dive with an Oceanic Delta 4. I wanted to get another Oceanic setup for my wife so we had regulators that could be serviced at the same shop w/similar parts. Is the Aeris serviceable by an Oceanic dealer (or vice versa -- can my Delta 4 be serviced by an Aeris dealer)? I prefer not to deal with 2 shops every time we get our regs serviced.

Second, is the AT400 first stage the same thing as the Oceanic CDX-5? They look very similar.

Third, is the AT400 second stage the same as the Oceanic GT-3 second stage (with the addition of the pre-post dive switch)? The regs look very very close.

In terms of performance, does the AT400 Pro match up with the Oceanic Delta 4 or the GT-3?

I was set on getting another Delta 4 for my wife, but the Aeris AT400 Pro caught my attention...and it's quite a lot cheaper than the Delta 4.

Thx...Doug

i would say that the delta 4 dvt is a more comfortable reg because the swivel and maybe breathes a little smoother [higher performance 1st stage]
for the price and comfort i would buy the delta 4 [ill pm you price]
and the price for at400 pro.
also idk if you saw the aeris ion special.
buy the ion and get the octo free....great deal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom