Aeris Atmos AI impressions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the AI w/quick disconnect & compass @ Leisure Pro about 2 years ago. It's still my favorite computer out there. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. I wish I had bought it sooner. btw... if you didn't already know the Sherwood wisdom and Oceanic data pro are basically the same computer, made by the same OEM manufacturer, but I like the shape of the AI better. If you have any questions PM me.

Only complaint I have heard is its on a hose, but thats a matter of opinion. Most people prefer to have a computer on wrist and SPG clipped and/or AI transmitter (or both...)

I would recommend getting the version with quick disconnect for easy storage and connection to your PC.

Also if you have not dove with a wrist computer I suggest trying that a couple times before dropping money on an AI computer. I used to have a console and once I tried wrist I've never looked back.

Hi all,
Does anyone have experience with the Aeris ATMOS AI Air Integrated Computer? Aeris ATMOS AI Air Integrated Computer Console from LeisurePro.com

It's pretty expensive and while I'm pretty sure its what i want, I wanted opinions on it. I would love to hear your comments before making a commitment.

Joe

I own three Aeris ATMOS AI computers (wife, daughter and mine). They range in age from 4 years old to 1 year old and I have had not had any problems whatsoever with them.

The display is easy to read and the computer is easy to use and they are very well constructed.

You definitely want to get it with the quick disconnect.

I own two Atmos AI and love them. The quick disconnect is a must have. I had one quick disconnect start leaking a bit, but a quick o-ring change took care of that. The key to never having leaks with the quick disconnect is to not try to disconnect them while under pressure. Bleed off the pressure and it comes right off, under pressure, no chance.

My wife and I have 200+ dives on our AtmosAIs and still really like them.
It is really easy to use, and has nice big numbers.
They are 3 years old now and we haven't had any issues with the Quick Disconnect.
If you are into downloading the dive data, the Aeris s/w has improved quite
a bit over the past few years.
The cable connection itself can be finicky but if you make sure the unit
isn't wet and the cable is making good contact, it works pretty well.
If you don't like the Aeris s/w or you need to combine logs from
several different manufacturers, there are several 3rd party s/w dive log packages
that you can use.

ScubaToys often has demo units that are in like new condition with QD & compass
for less than the cost of new one with no QD & Compass.
Check their web page or give them a call.
And for around $8 you can replace the plastic lens protector which is pretty
much the only part of the computer that will ever show any wear/scratches.

--- bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom