Aeris Jetpack dream vs reality.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My partner and I used ours on a trip to the Speigel Grove in Key Largo.

From fly-ability point of view, it worked great we flew Portland, ME to LaGuardia to Orlando via Delta and no issues whatsoever with TSA or the airline. We both had our MacBooks, GoPro camera and clothes for three days. For trip thru x-ray, we just separated the backpack from the BCD portion (5 quick release buckles), slid them thru and then put them back together and away to the gate. They easily fit into the overhead bins on the Embraer 170. Pics show my reg, octo/inflator, booties, mask, snorkel and one swimsuit to wrap mask with packed into the BCD portion. Was also small baggie with odds and ends. The bag portion (not shown) contained the rest of my gear. (Sorry for the dupe pic, can't figure how to remove it)
The dive set up was simple and straight forward and while didn't seem to have the tank lifting off problem mentioned above, did have a trim problem where felt like tank was rolling to my left side.
All in all, I'm completely satisfied with the Jetpack at this point. Visually the bag is well built and only time can determine build quality.

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

As I posted earlier, I have one and love the concept (updating due to more experience with it). The backpack that attaches to the BCD almost makes a great drybag (I say almost as I do not know if it is will float on water indefinitely). But it is great for keeping contents dry or keeping wet items from getting other things wet.

I got to use mine down in Cozumel/PDC/Cancun over the new year. I did find the issue the tank lifting on me towards the end of a dive, especially when I had a tank valve fail on me at the end (once I surface, it just let out all the air - I checked later that it wasn't my regulator).

Other than the lift issue, it is a great BCD. Truth be told, it didn't bother me that much, but I did pick up a strap from a cave diving site to see if cinching it down would help (though I think that it might not). I'm still very happy with mine. I will work on looking if there is a way of a slight modification that mitigates/eliminates the tank lifting up when it is approaching empty.

Thanks for the pics Darren, Looks pretty neat all packed and ready to go.

Thanks for the update Wet.

Still undecided. Still hiring gear. Keep me updated. I noticed both you guys are up in the north, used it in local waters yet? Or used it with a dry suit?

To help counteract any tank lift, check the tank is not seated too low, even raising an additional 1" will help balance in the straps.

Else potentially try attaching 1kg of non-ditchable weight to the bottom of the tank using a weight belt. Hopefully it can help with trim too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom