Aeris manta computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solly

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi, I got my AERIS MANTA 3 months ago and used it so far for about 15 dives. I am very happy with the features and it really gives me all what I am looking for and I feel very satisfied with the computer but I need to feel more secure hence I have 3 comments which I need some feedback upon:

1- It seems that the sensor is in touch to my wetsuit, hence the temperature readings are somehow affected by my temperature. My dive buddy has the same DC in hand and we go to the same exact depth and his manta reads 21 Celsius while mine reads 23, can this be due to the fact I am having the DC tightly wrapped to my wrist and he is using the extension strap? does the suit thickness affect this as well? at the hand my suit is 2mm while his is 5mm?

2- Audible alarm, I can hardly hear the sound of the alarm when it is triggered (either for fast ascent or when my NIBG reaches the limit I set), I checked it is working by doing a fast ascent on purpose and closely having it near my ears, and yes it was working but in normal situation when you need the alarm to be heard I am not sure if it will be ok or not. I can say that I need to get accustomed to the alarm sound or even someone told me may be the battery needs replacement... I don't know... any experience about this issue? is there a way to have the alarm sound increased?

3- One final point that I need to understand is after the dive, in the NORM mode I have a screen saying NO-D surface time xx:yy ... what I understand from the manual that this time is the surface time I need to stay before diving.. is that correct?
sometimes this number is not realistic, for example it gave me something like 10 hours after my first dive in the second day (3 dives the day before, all safe dives without going to decompression and this first dive was almost 12 hours after the last dive in the day before) other divers with other computers had the time within 2 hours limit... in the second dive the NO-D surface time after the second dive was sharply reduced to 3 hours which makes more sense as both the first and second dives were deep to around 30 meters... so I need to understand if the NO-D surface time is really the time I need to spend on the boat before the next dive, and if yes why is it reduced after another dive (done violating the NO-D surface time suggested) and why other computers show less time. and if not, what is the NO-D surface time mean? and how can I know if it is safe to dive again or not.

Thanks a lot, I know there are too much details here but I want to understand to feel more secure underwater.

2- Audible alarm, I can hardly hear the sound of the alarm when it is triggered (either for fast ascent or when my NIBG reaches the limit I set), I checked it is working by doing a fast ascent on purpose and closely having it near my ears, and yes it was working but in normal situation when you need the alarm to be heard I am not sure if it will be ok or not. I can say that I need to get accustomed to the alarm sound or even someone told me may be the battery needs replacement... I don't know... any experience about this issue? is there a way to have the alarm sound increased?
Hmmm, I'd love to decrease the volume on mine. I can hear it fine ... but so can all the other divers in my group. And I'm sure they have little interest in my alarms.

Back
Top Bottom