Aeris Universal Downloader Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpatz

Registered
Reaction score
I went to the Maya Riviera a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I had new Aeris atmos 2 computers. I Had a total of 6 actual dives, 2 other dives [that were just cooling down after suiting up in 90+F in the jungle for a couple of cenote dives.] for a total of 8 dives. My wife had also 6 actual dives plus 2 cool downs. When we got back to the states I tryed the Universal Downloader Software and began to download the dives to my computer. Strange thing was that the software only saw and downloaded the last 5 of the dives from both of our dive computers, leaving off the first 3 dives. The really strange thing was one of the dives it could not download showed that the size was over 32000 bytes. The dives it was able to download were about 500 bytes. The dive I had on my computer that was 32000 bytes was actually a duplicate of a good dive that was downloaded. The software did not even show the first 3 dives in our computers. I called support at Aeris which I was directed to support at Oceanic seems they are sister companies [Thats why the Versa Pro looks so much like the Atmos 2]. I downloaded a patch which upgraded the software. The patch fixed a temperature readout on the divelogs but not this specific problem I had. I told support about this and they said it was suppose to fix this problem too. Funny thing was the text note for the fix only mentioned the temperature fix. I think my leg is being pulled abit here. Anywhey support tells me to send back both computers and the serial com port connecter cable because they think that the problem is either our coputers or the cable. It does not seem likely to me that it could be the computers, I could see one of them malfuctioning but both have basicly the same problem [I don't think so]. If the cable was bad I don't think it would see anything at all. I'm not a support Tech but I do know computers pretty well and it sounds like they are just copping out on this issue. I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping everything back and not having anything solved. Sure I might have new computers sent to me but what happens when I go on another trip and do 6 or 8 more dives and the software leaves the first 3 dives off again. I believe when I pay $160 bucks for software it should do what its suppose to do. Has anyone out there had the same problem I have. I spent 3 days trying everything I could think of to solve this problem. You're imput or if anybody figured out how to fix thiswould be appreciated.

I too have the temp bug in the software. Ive been promised the patch for weeks, but nothing in my email box yet. Ive talked to them quite a few times. Not sure about your bug, but something you should look for is what your data interval is set at. If you set it too high, like 5 seconds, then you will fill up the memory fast and it will overwrite the oldest dive. I have mine set to 15 seconds, and it worked okay when I was in Central america, but when I got home, I noticed it showed 22 dives on the computer, but only 19 downloaded to the software. WHen I called support, they told me that it was because my memory was full and even though the computer still showed the dives, the memory in the computer had been overwritten. (???) The biggest bug yet that Ive found was that if you manually enter the dives in the software that never got downloaded, you get 2 different logs of dives. 1 log is with your computers serial number (in this case I had 40 something dives) and then another log with no serial number for the dives I entered manually. WHen I asked tech support about this, they acknowleded it and said they were working on it. Anyway, my computer is a atmos AI, and while I love the computer, the software plain sucks. At best its release candidate software.

I have the same exact problem with my Aeris 2 and the dive downloader... basically I just reinitialize and download over and over each dive that has not been downloaded until I have all of them.

My sampling rate was set at default which was 30 seconds. 15 seconds more then your's gbrandon, and I had only 8 dives on my dc. Support also told me about this. I also tried initializing the software when the dive computers show all 8 of our dives but when I download the dives to the Universal Downloader software the Dive log profile menu 2 of the 8 don't even appear on it like they have been overwritten or deleted. Did either one of you have 1 dive at the size of 32000 bytes? By the way if you need the patch for the temp fix call Doug 1-800-435-3483 ext. 213 at Oceanic he will email you the patch [it does fix that problem]. If you went to the Aeris site like I did the link to the patch does not work.

Back
Top Bottom