affordable strobe????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bflem55

Contributor
Reaction score
Im just wondering about getting a strobe. Im a younger guy and I cant really afford these 600 dollar strobes. I have been looking at the sealife digital strobe I am shooting a ikeilite housing and a cannon digital camera. I have heard the sealife strobes wont work with the ikeilite housings is this true??

What type of camera? If you are looking for one that is servicable, I liked the sealife, they work on a fiber optic cable that you attach over the flash window on the housing. Make sure you get the digital sealife...

I have a cannon 570is I have heard the digital sea life wont connect to the ikeilite housings???

Last I looked was a couple weeks ago, Leisure Pro was selling the Sealife SL960F
for $250, and I think free shipping.

sealife wont work with ikeliite so I need some other suggestions please

You haven't told us what you like to shoot or where you are or what your goals are. These things will help with suggestions.

Personally, I'd head for the Inon range. If I couldn't afford it right now, I'd keep saving coz I know that if I got something less expensive, with less coverage, slower recycle times and less flexibility that the money would not be well spent and what seemed cheaper would actually cost me more in frustration, missed shots, and mediocre results.

If you go to the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo area, you can follow the Pink Link in my signature, then scroll down a bit you'll see some suggestions on where to buy. Not only might you find a good deal, the people that work at those places are very good at helping you maximise your budget.

If you aren't worried about ordering from Japan, you can check out Yuzo's prices - his contact details are in the Sticky. I order my strobes and other bits and pieces from him - fantastic service and excellent prices.

Or why not use the internal flash for now, Canon has a well designed diffuser on their housing, you my not need an external strobe.

Or why not use the internal flash for now, Canon has a well designed diffuser on their housing, you my not need an external strobe.

The reason is that the OP already said he has and Ikelite housing for his camera, not a Canon housing.

sealife 960d can work with your housing if you just mess around a little and come up with something to make it work. Its meant for sealife camera, but it can be done.

If you don't mind buying overseas and the warranty issues that comes along with it, then try this site. They have a special on for the Sea&Sea YS-110s for $380. They are also an authorized INON dealer and have the D2000 for $412. The trade off is if you have to send the strobe to Taiwan if you require warranty repair. Email them if you have questions, they do speak English.

"豐英水中撮影機材 FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom