After Open Water Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good advice here. I echo the dive as much as you can sentiment. Buy the gear you need: mask, fins, snorkel, bcd, regulator with gauge set, wetsuit, boots, knife, weight belt, etc. You can hold off on a tank and lead if you will be diving with shops / dive operations, get them if you and a buddy will be diving locally. Used gear, if serviceable, should be ok, provided you are on a budget and don't want / can't afford new gear, go with something that your LDS can work on. Enjoy your new sport, and welcome to our world.

Thanks guys! My dive shop does one or two meet ups a week during the late spring and summer so I want to try and make 2 or so a month during that time, they do trips to Tobermory as well!

So there is certainly no difficulty in finding time to dive. They offer decent priced rentals too now all I need to do is find time to fit in the "Swing dancing classes" Biliwyf suggested!

It sounds as if you are committed to diving locally, which is good. A lot of people in colder climates only dive on tropical vacations, which puts a real limitation on their diving and leads to long time gaps between dives in which skills are lost and enthusiasm wanes.

Consider learning about dry suits early on. I suspect this will enhance your enjoyment.

It sounds as if you are committed to diving locally, which is good. A lot of people in colder climates only dive on tropical vacations, which puts a real limitation on their diving and leads to long time gaps between dives in which skills are lost and enthusiasm wanes.

Consider learning about dry suits early on. I suspect this will enhance your enjoyment.

Plus they don't get to see the cool things that we have in cold water - each ocean/sea/lake is different so dive as many as you can!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom