Aftermarket pockets on a Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if you were to rig something to the pocket, that ran up to the suspenders? This would still allow stretch, but still give you a support for the pocket.....I have been thinking about this for awhile, and seems like it could work perfect....Run some material or something to the suspenders mount point....

Feel free to cut me a royalty check Tyler :D

I think if you combine a couple of ideas there might be a solution. What about sewing the velcro to a patch, then glue the patch to the suit?

That way the contact adhesive should hold. A kit could be easily available from the manufacturer. Sounds like gluing velcro to the suit skin would be easy enough, but what do I know, I can only want one at this point. I want it in reddish orange though. For future sales the velcro could come already attached to the suit skin.

You're a smart man Mr. Pederson...I dove a prototype of that exact system yesterday....it works great! the only problem is....its complicated. Once its in, its fine - but if I handed it to you in a bag, you may have problems figuring it out.....

Yes you can install this system without altering the suit much at all, no sewing, no gluing, nothing like that...

I would have to make video with pictures on how to install it.....

So my question is.....how important is it? If we had an option, with a video, and you knew it might be complicated...would you still want it??

Until the next dive,
Tyler

So my question is.....how important is it? If we had an option, with a video, and you knew it might be complicated...would you still want it??
Complicated before every dive? Or just the one time install. If just once, that's cool. If before every dive... I guess that would depend on the complexity.

Assuming its not an issue once installed, should be a great seller. Would it also be able to be added at the factory when the suit is purchased? Great idea, I guess now I dont get royalties....great minds think alike

With a video and some support, these guys can install anything :wink: Send me one and I will even make the video for you :D

Seriously, if Whites can offer something to help with the pocket sag, that's a GOOD thing! Please post up.

Is the "pocket sag" as noticable with the newer "Limited" skin?

I'd want it. No doubt. The pockets do sag some on my LE skin.

If you could also find solutions to make the pockets themselves less "floppy", while still allowing the necessary stretch. Maybe making parts of the pockets from slightly "stiffer" cordura; most of the front of the pocket and most of the flap, leaving the attachments to the suit stretchy. Maybe also make the "outer" half of the side pleat from cordura. I would probably also secure the bottom of the side pleat to the bottom of the pocket, so that that pleat "corner" doesn't flop out from the pocket.

Henrik

Is the "pocket sag" as noticable with the newer "Limited" skin?

Nope, but there is still some sag, not as bad as the regular tech skin(which just takes some getting used to) As most have said, and I concur, the sag is a small issue compared to the benefits of the rest of the suit

Tyler, what about these exotic materials for the militery skin you mantioned a while back. Doe's it do a better job of preventing sag.

And mainly the problem is out of the water, not in the water, making it mostly a cosmetic issue. Yes, the pockets sag out of the water if you have a bunch of stuff in the pockets (you look funny hiking 'em up as you trudge back up the beach). But (as I recall before I did my DIY fix) it's not a big deal in the water. For me, even if I didn't have my Velcro fix, it's not a deal breaker for me.

No, mainly it's a comfort, usability issue for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom