AI exchange in USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rafal,
They must of not understood what you meant, here is the product you are looking for, I am sure they were available for exchange in the states around September.
There have been a few "Yanks" (no offence meant) that have exchanged them & are using them.

Here is a link to computer & sender unit on their website.

Mares Icon HD Air Integrated Hose-Less Dive Computer (Complete System)

Best regards
mark.
PS Its a cracking piece of technology...

Last edited:
What Rafal meant was when it will be possible to exchange the Icon transmitter for the new version. The exchange of the "old" transmitters with the problematic power saving features is well under way in Europe, but there are reports that the waiting lists are getting longer. Smaller markets can satisfy the demand, but factory can't ship enough new transmitters to satisfy the bigger market demands (i.e. Germany), so more and more returned transmitters will be flashed and returned to their owners.

USA will be the same story, but as the "old" transmitters just need a FW upgrade to work as "new" ones, it is very likely some markets will recieve the upgraded "old" transmitters from other markets where they were exchanged.

Hi,
Leisure Pro or any authorized Mares dealer should be able to perform the upgrade to AI for you. (note: each individual country is handling upgrades independently of each other). If you are outside of the U.S. my statement below does not apply.

It is unclear to me if you are referring to taking a non A/I Icon and upgrading to A/I ($450 U.S.) or if you have an A/I Icon HD computer and want to upgrade the transmitter to the longer battery life version (no charge). Either way this can be facilitated through any authorized Mares dealer.

Zorab mentions a valid point. We are producing as many transmitters and computers as possible, however as of today it is not enough to meet demand. As of last week we are approximately 30 days behind. We feel by Jan we should be caught up and have a positive supply to fill all needs. Currently, as soon as they hit the office they are right back out the door. I suggest you speak with an authorized retailer that understands the situation and can offer advice on how to upgrade and what kind of time frame you are looking at.

Hope this helps

i have icon hd net ready and transmitter however like others i have the same problem with transmitter.After three or four dives im getting message that battery in transmitter is low. I read in other post that that in Europe people cen replace transmitter with old software for one with new with power compsumtion fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom