Air and Sea Show May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be very cool. We even have a non-diver who can come to watch the lil monkey and boat so all the divers can do just that... dive - captain included! :wink:

Have cooler, dive gear, spear gear... :wink: Let me know what the scoop is. :D

Yeah I'd be up for doing a dive or 2 if you all are up for it

CBulla:
Scott - Let me confer with the wife, but I'm pretty certain that she may be up to such a journey, that is, if you dont mind our little fella tagging along for some sunshine and fresh air :D

How little is the "Little Fella"? I don't have any life jackets for small childern so you'll have to bring one for him. Are all three of you, you, you're wife, and "Little Fella" going? If so that makes 6 so we'd be full. I wouldn't want to put anymore onboard as it may be a little crowed. Also, looking at the weather conditions it looks, at least right now, as though it could be a little rough, NOAA is forcasting 2 to 4. Is everyone ok with rough seas in a 23 footer sitting for several hours?

As for the dive gear, I wasn't planning on bringing anything but snorkel gear. That was just incase we wanted to jump in and cool off. With 6 people onboard, two coolers, deck chairs, and dive gear for 4 or 5 it might be a little over weighted and very crowed.

The boat ramp is called Alsdorf Park and it's located at NE 14th St. and the intercoastal in Pampano Beach. If you're coming North on 95, take Atlantic Blvd East. When you hit Federal Highway (also known as US 1) go North several blocks to NE 14th Street, take a right on NE 14th Street. Take a left into the park (just before the drawbridge. Drop off your gear right next to the boat launch, and park the car. It's a pay lot so have a few ones ready for the machine.

My Cell number is 954-812-7522, call me if you have any questions.

Scuba_Jenny:
Oh fine now you tell us as we have been planning on going to the keys to dive! LOL
Maybe next time...but then....hmmmm...no, I can't back out on my buds!

Hi Padipro, my hubby and I are going to be in the keys with Jenny & Marvel on 5/1 too, but if a similar opportunity or invite comes along let us know.

Scott,

The seas bit got my attention. I think it may be best to error on the side of safe for this one for the little fellers sake - the water will always be there and there will be better days! :) I may have to feel terrible in the middle of the week sometime :wink:

CBulla:
Scott,

The seas bit got my attention. I think it may be best to error on the side of safe for this one for the little fellers sake - the water will always be there and there will be better days! :) I may have to feel terrible in the middle of the week sometime :wink:

Colin,

I completely understand. I've done exactly the same thing. I'm planning on at least heading out and seeing what it's like. If it's to rough then we'll just come back in.

If someday you're not feeling well and have to call in sick let me know and we'll try to get together.

I'll take lots of pictures and post a few for everyone to see.

Scott, are you planning on going out on the 2nd also? I can think of at least two, maybe 3 divers who would love to join you on the 2nd.

Rick

Scubaguy62:
Scott, are you planning on going out on the 2nd also? I can think of at least two, maybe 3 divers who would love to join you on the 2nd.

Rick

Unfortuanetly I have to work the 2nd so I won't be able to go.

I talked to a couple of guys I work with that go every year on their boats and they both said that we'd all have to be crazy to get in the water with all the boats around those two days. It's bad enough on a normal weekend day with boaters not paying attention to the dive flag but there are thousands of boats out during the show and someone would likely run us over.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom