Air Bank cylinder testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a commercial test house that needs avoiding.

You could go down the legal route, but we have only heard one side of the event. Unless it’s particularly important to you, just write it down to experience and move on.

Also, don’t give @iain/hsm the satisfaction of responding to his posts. He’s been banned from all other forums I know of.
It would be my word against theirs regarding the phone calls and no items to inspect, id be wasting my time chasing it,one of life’s lessons I guess, never mind onwards and upwards, that guy knows his stuff, such a shame he likes to belittle everyone when he speaks.

such a shame he likes to belittle everyone when he speaks.

Maybe you consider your first reply to me.

"can’t be bothered talking to you anymore, you come across as smug, arrogant, smart arse trying to be clever, sorry."

Was the cause. All I just brought on was the effect.

"can’t be bothered talking to you anymore, you come across as smug, arrogant, smart arse trying to be clever, sorry."

Out of the gate you was being clever and smug with me, you’re a bright fella that’s very knowledgeable on the topic I’ll give you that, but it’s not necessary to belittle people the way you do, this conversation could of gone a lot smoother, but that’s done now, I’ve got no interest in bad mouthing you but you rubbed me up the wrong way with your opening message maybe I could of bit my tongue but I’m not perfect and apologise for that, its clear it’s a habit of yours and you do this to lots of people reading the comments so I’m not taking it as a personal attack, I wish you well and safe diving just ease off me please.

You can be of great help and you will earn much more respect here if you get rid of your constant attacks on people. Just give your opinion and help without the veneom you spew every time you type something here.

@Daz996

If you hover your mouse over his username you can click on "ignore". Its one of the best features on Scubaboard

If I was you I would kick up a stink with them. Its very poor customer service in any business to biff parts out that you've decided are no good before discussing with the customer first.
I run an automotive business and I can't imagine the uproar if I started throwing out wheels or whatever without ringing the customer first!

Hi guys I’m having a nightmare with a cylinder testing place, I’ve bin quoted £400 to test 8 air bank cylinders if I can wait 2 weeks so I agreed and transported them by trailer 90 miles to the test place. After unloading them he tells me he wants double the test fee for 4 of them because they have a round base it will take a lot more labour arrantly🤔 I wasn’t happy but what can you do I said ok, before taking the cylinders for test I took the valves out and looked inside with a camera to make sure it was worth taking them for test(no rust) after waiting 8 weeks now they are telling me one cylinder is scrap due to corrosion and 5 valves a scrap because of bad threads, the threads on the valves was perfect with no wear/damage when I unscrewed them and I seen no heavy rust in any of the cylinders, so I’ve said ok I’d like to see the cylinder that has failed and the 5 valves with bad threads, they have told me no they have already bin disposed of and they now want £802 of me and that includes a good will gesture of knocking off the test fee for the cylinder that failed and they want full payment up front before i can go down to the premises🤬 I was under the impression that the cylinder would have had the neck cut to render it unusable but I’m still able see it, same with the valves, I’m just getting very suspicious of this place that their trying to have my pants down, what do you guys think?
This is far off topic but it is important and useful info for the OP: The past tense of the verb to be is spelled "been."

Don't engage him. He thrives on insulting people. He does this in every single thread he participates in always.
That is true perhaps in the rare occasions where he does provide coherent answers without insulting and mocking people. The greater majority of the time he is just attacking and insulting people.
You are an adorable lovable teddy bear in comparison.
You can be of great help and you will earn much more respect here if you get rid of your constant attacks on people. Just give your opinion and help without the veneom you spew every time you type something here.
BoltSnap
Your entire four post contribution to this thread is listed above.
Your last post with your "Veneom" spelling had promise.
But to me you're just a yank with an opinion.

BoltSnap
Your entire four post contribution to this thread is listed above.
Your last post with your "Veneom" spelling had promise.
But to me you're just a yank with an opinion.
Not a yank.

Only educated here.

Not a yank.

Only educated here.
Frank. No one cares LOL
The only thing folk are going to remember from this thread.
Is that you're the adorable lovable teddy bear. :oops:

Frank. No one cares LOL
The only thing folk are going to remember from this thread.
Is that you're the adorable lovable teddy bear. :oops:
Well, it’s true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom