Air pocket in underwater tunnel at the Grotto, Tobermory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha yeah I was!!! oops!

LOL... I was going to chime in that I had been diving in the Grotto in Tobermory for 40 years, as of next May, and I've never noticed a bell in there!

There are a number of small cave systems in the area... Leopard Frog which starts in the middle of a cow pasture, Spider Hole and one near the Lighthouse, that I am aware of.

I was just there last week. There is a sort of diving bell mounted to the ceiled at arounf 30 ft maybe. There is also a tunnel that goes around the back of the cavern that takes you to depths of near 100 ft. I can't iagine doing this with out SCUBA and a good dive light as the tunnel itself is not lit. You could free dive the cavern though without equipment. All in all it's a pretty cool dive... but cold... I was pretty chilly after 30 minutes in a 3mm suit.

LOL... You're off about 2200 kilometers. But a damn fine description of the BLUE grotto!

Back
Top Bottom