Air travel with Bladefish ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michtx

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody with recent experience traveling with Bladefish?

We've got 2 Bladefish 5000 and are getting mixed info on whether we should put them in checked luggage or carry them on.

Anyone know how many grams of lithium in the batteries of these?

Any opinions on if it's better to put them in luggage with gear and clothes or put them in a Pelican case by themselves?? We're thinking it'll be better ( less grams of lithium per passenger ) not to pack them together.......

We depart on Sunday.
Thanks for any input!
michtx

Back from trip, we decided to pack the BladeFish into carry ons. Husband breezed through security. I got "selected" for an explosives search/swab. They were fine with the BladeFish and full face Aga with comm system, it's always the Suunto Cobra that rouses suspicion - go figure.

The BF's travelled well and were perfect for what we wanted them for, which was to help us conserve air and energy on long kick outs. We used them almost exclusively on low, ( me:5'5" / 130lbs hubby: 5'10" / 178 lbs) on the kick out and back and throughout the dive and came back with juice to spare. The only time used high speed was in shallow water to power thru wave surge. Even on low, we way outpaced everyone. We got in the habit of letting them get a 5-10 minute head start and we'd still arrive at the drop point 5-10 minutes before the rest of the group. Highly recommended.

Glad to hear your trip was a success! I knew the BladeFish 5000 traveled well but it's good to know airport security had no issue packing it as a carry on.

Smart Choice!

The concept behind the design of the Bladefish is a travel light experience. The designers thought of travelers in mind. Making light and easy to travel with it as a carry on.

Hope you've had fun. And an excellent experience. Photos would have been nice to see.

Excellent DPV!!!

How far was your swim out? I am thinking of getting one of these to play with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom