"Air Trim" - actually saw one today....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Genesis this is Mitch's son.(the one with the Mares Dragonfly AT) The issue with it not mattering what postion you are in in the water only applys to the "power deflation" delivered from the pneumatic controls on the AT system. The manual dumps are the same as any other BC. So you have to be in postion for them to dump properly. I have come to notice that the AT helps to assit your bouancy control by forcing air directy into your BC when you push the inflation button. Their is no hesitation in BC inflation like many other BC's with the regular inflators. (again this is due to the pneumatic valves) So if you have enough air to use the AT then it doesn't matter what postion you are in in the water, but if you use the manual dump the normal rules apply.

P.S. the oral inflation tube is not hard to use if you know how to unzip a pocket.:)

While teaching a Rescue class last night, we proudly displayed a Cressi BC with Airtrim.

Of course, this was during the section where we discuss equipment failures and how to deal with them.

We also talked about the ultimate garbage machine, the HUB, and how to disentangle someone who's gotten one of their 14 D-rings caught. We showed the video of an inwater rescue of a diver using an air trim.

NEW,

I knew that I liked something in you, proudly :) I totally respect your views, but I am glad that you are now discussing the opinons at least.

I have had a eye opening experience recently with my Morphos. If you are out of air the pneumatic trim does not function (does the power inflator/deflator?). Not a big deal. With 3 manual deflators (two at the bottom and one and the top) on my BC, not a problem. I can deflate even while upside down. Well thought out design in the Morphos and Pegasus.

Hey, it's not for everyone and not for all diving conditions. It is however an nice concept.

Dive smart, dive safe:
Enjoy the ride
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom