airfare from the us to galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just returned from the Galapagos and reafirm that, if you're planning to go there, don't miss Wolf and Darwin, specially Darwin. In three form seven dives made there, we dove with huge whale sharks, besides dozens of dolphins.
Dives in these two spots are completly different from those in the southern islands.

Sue

When I checked airfare, it was $761 to Quito from Dallas. I used FF miles. There is nothing you can do about the $400 TAME flight.

I can't imagine spending time and money to dive the Galapagos and not going to Wolf and Darwin. I personally saw 16 whalesharks and about 700 hammerheads.

We spotted some hammers at Cousins, but not close and they were very deep. The odds of seeing them other than Wolf and Darwin are fairly small.

Having said that, combining the live aboard with some land stuff would be even better. Next time I will go to the islands and spend several days doing land tours. We did spend extra time in Quito and a few days in the cloud forest northwest of Quito. It was great.

Here's a shot of Gaz and the whaleshark. You can't get this shot around Porto Arroyo.

aai.jpg

It's like a religous experience to swim with those big guys. Started looking into diving Cocos after having dove Wolf and Darwin...I'm going back to Galapagos!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom