Airfare gurus, help a brother out? SFO to CZM in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DD - I know Jay and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he's not on your facebook friend list :) But what does facebook have to do with this??

All I asked was what airline you were looking at - your first chart didn't show which airline or which search site you were looking at - maybe if you provide that - he can look for his preferred dates. Maybe he hadn't found that same site.

DD - I know Jay and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he's not on your facebook friend list
Ok, fine, whatever...

But what does facebook have to do with this??
It was an example of how confused I get about who's who, and why. Sorry it wasn't obvious.

All I asked was what airline you were looking at - your first chart didn't show which airline which search site you were looking at - maybe if you provide that - he can look for his preferred dates. Maybe he hadn't found that same site.
I wasn't looking at an airline. I was looking at all possibly reasonable choices for the month, then in my long post I illustrated good to better choices for 5 days of a week, as well as how I narrowed things down - in case he didn't know how to use those tools. There are a lot of tricks I don't know, the first couple years I was on SB I didn't know how to open multiple tabs, so since JJ has not shared what he really wants other than September - I shared the tricks I do now know.

Ok, fine, whatever...

It was an example of how confused I get about who's who, and why. Sorry it wasn't obvious.

I wasn't looking at an airline. I was looking at all possibly reasonable choices for the month, then in my long post I illustrated good to better choices for 5 days of a week, as well as how I narrowed things down - in case he didn't know how to use those tools. There are a lot of tricks I don't know, the first couple years I was on SB I didn't know how to open multiple tabs, so since JJ has not shared what he really wants other than September - I shared the tricks I do now know.

Wasn't meant to be a slight - he's just not a big facebooker with people he doesn't know :)

OK- if not an airline, what site was it? That's what I've been trying to find out from you :)

Wasn't meant to be a slight - he's just not a big facebooker with people he doesn't know :)

OK- if not an airline, what site was it? That's what I've been trying to find out from you :)
Sorry: Matrix.itasoftware.com - great site. JJ said he had looked, but I wonder if he found those?

Looks like ITA Matrix. That's what I always look at. In fact, it *might* have been DD who turned me on to it. The iphone version is even maybe a little cooler with graphs too....

It's not like he has kept that a secret. I think he has mentioned it EVERYTIME someone brings up fares.

I think Don has joined the ranks of the taxi mafia .... they don't share their rates, and he doesn't share his airline search sites! :rofl3:
(Sorry Don! Just couldn't resist!!)
JJ said in the beginning that he had checked Matrix. That's the site I always suggest, even tho I failed to include that detail this time. The slider tool to narrow down limits on hours is new to me tho, just recently found it - or I'd forgotten it, and others may not know about it. It helps avoid those really long layovers.

Thanks Don!!! That's what I was looking for - I didn't know about Matrix :)

Thanks Don!!! That's what I was looking for - I didn't know about Matrix :)
Oh wow! JJ mentioned it in post #1 and it's mentioned a lot here, but maybe not explained well enough or something? Google has its own version I think. It's a great tool. I don't know how it's funded. I've never noticed an ad, and it does not sell tickets - which helps keep it honest. There is so much possible that it takes some practice, but not so hard. Enjoy...

Thanks everybody, I have been monitoring the fares and have been using the Matrix from the beginning. I appreciate everybody's willingness to help out and put forth ideas. Looks like I can get SFO-CZM for $538 in September, which apparently is the new normal. It's hard to let go of those H1N1 fares of under $300 r/t....

Thanks again for your posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom