Airfare, ugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luckily Americans don't get that whole "C" thing so 29C sounds real cold...

Can't say I blame them: I can do feet and pounds, but I draw the line at that "F" thing myself. So I can relate, kind of.

Well, that "F", and tools: whoever came up with 5/16th and 15/32ds (and don't even tell me about drill bit sizes for thread sizes), they must've been licking acid stamps.

Reactions: mbs
Can't say I blame them: I can do feet and pounds, but I draw the line at that "F" thing myself. So I can relate, kind of.

Well, that "F", and tools: whoever came up with 5/16th and 15/32ds (and don't even tell me about drill bit sizes for thread sizes), they must've been licking acid stamps.

Living near the border I grew up with US weather forecasts, so until recently thought exclusively in Fahrenheit, even in Canada. Now, I tend to use Celsius in the winter, but still think in Fahrenheit in the summer. Zero is just easier for freezing, but 90F just sounds a lot hotter than 32C. On the other hand, I have also thought that by switching to Celsius in the summer and Fahrenheit in the winter, it would make it so it is 30 degrees for six months of the year!

Back to the topic of Bonaire airfares, I am curious if any in the northeast US have considered Sunwing flights out of Toronto. Looks like they only fly December to April, but with the exception of the week in March where schools were on break, the flights were $545CDN/$434US (at today's exchange) for a direct flight (return). It departs at 10am from Toronto on Sunday mornings and leaves Bonaire around 4pm the next Sunday. Have any in the US looked at this option? Or do the extra logistics of crossing into Canada and the possible extra costs of an overnight in Toronto negate any cost advantage?

We did Sunwing to Bonaire in March, and besides the length of the check-in line in Toronto, had a very good experience. Certainly better than the Detroit-Miami-Curacao-Bonaire route that we had to take last time!

We live in NH and have considered Sunwing, especially because we have family living in Toronto. However, when the cost in $$ or time (10+ hr drive each way) to get there are considered, other methods are preferable, even if somewhat more costly. For someone living in northern Ohio or NY, the calculations might be different.

Logistics prevent it for being it an option for me (Albany, NY)

Just did a search for mid January, looks like flight prices have come down almost to normal. 700'ish. (Boston - bonaire)

Flights from Gainesville to Atlanta then Bonaire are running about $700 on Delta round trip.

Flights from Jacksonville to Atlanta then Bonaire are running about $700 on Delta round trip.

Flights direct from Atlanta to Bonaire are about $1000-1100. It costs an extra $3-400 to NOT take an extra flight each way. Crazy town.

Flights from Gainesville to Atlanta then Bonaire are running about $700 on Delta round trip.

Flights direct from Atlanta to Bonaire are about $1000-1100. It costs an extra $3-400 to NOT take an extra flight each way. Crazy town.

Now that's funny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom