Airfare, ugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would concur, more fish would be a nice plus.... They do seem lacking. I just like the vibe of the island, the diving is 'fine'.

I would concur, more fish would be a nice plus.... They do seem lacking. I just like the vibe of the island, the diving is 'fine'.

You are diving at the wrong sites. I'm always amazed by the tons of fish.

Kharon, I agree. I also think that the coral is looking better than 5-10 yrs ago, especially the elkhorn and staghorn corals. The restoration project is beginning to show obvious benefits. I wish the CIEE Marine Biology Center still operated and could tell us whether the existence of the sewage system is having positive benefits on reef life.

I think it’s so crazy if you add another leg, it gets cheaper!

I agree. Unfortunately, that doesn't include BHM as a leg. I did that on a trip to Europe and saved $400/ticket. It's ok going, but coming back stinks. I think Delta has wised up to it, too. I don't find those deals anymore.

I agree. Unfortunately, that doesn't include BHM as a leg. I did that on a trip to Europe and saved $400/ticket. It's ok going, but coming back stinks. I think Delta has wised up to it, too. I don't find those deals anymore.

Interesting. We used to do the drive to/from BHM to save on Bonaire tickets--stayed overnight with a friend who lives there and parked on her street. So that option is no more, eh? Last Bonaire trip we just sucked it up and paid the Delta ransom for the ATL-BON nonstop.

Interesting. We used to do the drive to/from BHM to save on Bonaire tickets--stayed overnight with a friend who lives there and parked on her street. So that option is no more, eh? Last Bonaire trip we just sucked it up and paid the Delta ransom for the ATL-BON nonstop.

I'm not searching all possible dates, but I have been searching different trips from time to time. I get really cracked up when I find a "main cabin" airfare that's cheaper than their "basic economy" ticket price.

It is so sad to see people that do not prepare for a dive trip, like taking the right booties for Bonaire.

By the way, I go there once or twice a year (am there now) and right now the reefs are in much better condition than I've seen them for the past few years. I also highly recommend some boat dives on Bonaire; they are not expensive, and you can get to some of the very best dives that way.

I have to disagree to a point. I haven’t been on a boat dive on the leeward side good enough to make it worth being packed in with a gaggle of my closest strangers. OTOH, East Coast Divers out of Lac Bay is well worth using at least a couple times in a one week trip. Hell, on a moderately rough day the boat ride is worth the price of admission.

(I, too, have seen a perhaps small but noticeable level of improvement on the reefs down there - a refreshing change from steady decline)

I haven’t been on a boat dive on the leeward side good enough to make it worth being packed in with a gaggle of my closest strangers.
Have you been to Rappel? Bob Bini Na Cas? Klein? Have you tried one of the boat options that is not so crowded?

I have to disagree to a point. I haven’t been on a boat dive on the leeward side good enough to make it worth being packed in with a gaggle of my closest strangers. OTOH, East Coast Divers out of Lac Bay is well worth using at least a couple times in a one week trip. Hell, on a moderately rough day the boat ride is worth the price of admission.

(I, too, have seen a perhaps small but noticeable level of improvement on the reefs down there - a refreshing change from steady decline)
Sampler, Klein Bonaire, August 2018
upload_2018-10-23_17-13-33.png

upload_2018-10-23_17-14-11.png

Klein Bonaire and several northern sites are not available by car, boat diving is complimentary to shore diving

Have you been to Rappel? Bob Bini Na Cas? Klein? Have you tried one of the boat options that is not so crowded?

Just Klein. The problem with the boat is that it brings all those other people with it. Shore diving, I count the trucks and decide if it's a good time to dive that one.

Back
Top Bottom