Airfare, ugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just Klein. The problem with the boat is that it brings all those other people with it. Shore diving, I count the trucks and decide if it's a good time to dive that one.
We dived with Dive Friends from Den Laman, usually on the very comfortable Pelican (originally from Boynton Beach, Florida). There were a max of 12 divers, I don't think we dived with more than 8.
upload_2018-10-23_17-23-49.png

We dived with Dive Friends from Den Laman, usually on the very comfortable Pelican (originally from Boynton Beach, Florida). There were a max of 12 divers, I don't think we dived with more than 8.
View attachment 485781
I don't think you're going to sell me on boat diving the leeward side, but Dive Friends is a very good shop. Their staff has always been great to work with for me. FWIW, the only boat dive on that side I've done is with Buddy Dive and their staff/policies on and off the boat did not impress me at all.

I don't think you're going to sell me on boat diving the leeward side, but Dive Friends is a very good shop. Their staff has always been great to work with for me. FWIW, the only boat dive on that side I've done is with Buddy Dive and their staff/policies on and off the boat did not impress me at all.
No problem, if a couple of seahorses and a nice boat are not enough, good for you

Part of the reason I go to Bonaire is to dive without the boats. Love the vibe of just driving around and jumping in.
And not being on anyone else's boat schedule. One of my pet peeves (admittedly, I've been told that I have a peeve petting zoo) is actually holding myself to a boat's schedule only to sit around waiting because somebody else is late or (worse) the people running the boat are on "island time, mon."

Back on subject - I actually care less about the cost of airfare than the travel time to and from Bonaire. When you consider the total cost, Bonaire is (at least for me - a solo traveler/diver) a bargin. Total cost of trip with unlimited diving is less than any other venue I've tried.

My bitch is being able to get there in 7 hours and change and not being able to get back in less than 20 hours. Some of the flights back are 72+ hours of travel (layover) time.

I can see that. I'm usually paying for my kids too when we go. Even with just paying for myself, I guess it's kind of a mental game to get the best value. :)

Back on subject - I actually care less about the cost of airfare than the travel time to and from Bonaire. When you consider the total cost, Bonaire is (at least for me - a solo traveler/diver) a bargin. Total cost of trip with unlimited diving is less than any other venue I've tried.

My bitch is being able to get there in 7 hours and change and not being able to get back in less than 20 hours. Some of the flights back are 72+ hours of travel (layover) time.
I, of course, have no idea where in New York you are, but you can fly non-stop RT from Newark to Bonaire (4 hours out, 5 back) on United, Saturday to Saturday.

I, of course, have no idea where in New York you are, but you can fly non-stop RT from Newark to Bonaire (4 hours out, 5 back) on United, Saturday to Saturday.
I’m doing exactly that next Saturday !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom