airline carry on ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure there are some of those too . . . But more often I observe bad tempered impatience in experienced travelers that know the rules and observe the rules.

It is an easier journey for me when I manage to keep a smile on my face and be pleasant to everyone around me whether that be TSA or ugly fellow travelers.

I've had very few problems. Slow line, but just start early.
That said, OP and his wife should be prepared not only for a$$h@le TSA but some seriously impatient fellow travelers.
Did you mean *******...? :confused:

Though I do think some of them are just a$$holes.

There's lots of a$$holes in the world. Why are people continually surprised that some of them are employed by the TSA. I don't get it...

They always seem to check my regs....must be all the octopus looking hoses...so I just pack them on top of my carry on, take them out and put them in the plastic bin for scanning. No big deal. I'll be doing that again in May, Nassau bound!!

My wife is past the age where she has to take off her shoes. TSA gurus at the gate are constantly telling her to take off her shoes. She simply asks them if they have seen the sign that give her permission to keep her shoes on, and then thanks them for the compliment of thinking she is younger.

Sky Harbor at Phoenix is an anathema when coming home from Mexico. They act like they have never seen anything in carry on but a pair of socks. They want to swab regulators, fiddle with cameras, and filet luggage as a pastime. I just chat them up to delay them even more. I figure I am the designated decoy and all my fellow passengers are getting a free pass while I am getting fondled.

Exactly!

There's lots of a$$holes in the world. Why are people continually surprised that some of them are employed by the TSA. I don't get it...

It's nothing personal. TSA officers are trained to be assholes. Same as immigration/customs officers.

Good morning everyone..... Sounds like I need to act like I'm at a grocery warehouse delivering a load of chicken....:wink: I think that's where TSA gets it's employees from.... As a Veteran with enough metal in me to build a small car :shakehead: I'll have fun with the x-ray guy's... I'll smile :D and try to be good...

I had hopes that TSA would be gone by now...:rofl3: Maybe it'll go really nice and if I don't get a finger in my butt :shocked2: I'll go back to flying... Then again
:hmmm: :eyebrow: :lotsalove: :yeahbaby: :rofl3: :joke:

jim....

Just watch your roll-on & backpack closely as they watch you. Easy game...

What's with all the hate for TSA?

They have a job to do and attempt to do it to a bunch of a$$h@le people traveling. I used to fly once a month for work, and I always did it with a smile. No matter what I am carrying or what I have been through, I have always managed to work my way past TSA with out losing anything, and without ever being strip searched. Yes I have had my laptop swabbed, and my bag(s) inspected numerous times (Me, "Yes Sir, you do what you need to do"), but always with respect. Heck I broke my knife blade off and had to get a manager over for approval to carry the handle aboard. They allowed it once I explained it was a Kershaw and warrantied for life. Never have I felt like TSA was a bad thing.

I am happy that it is harder to carry a b-o-m-b aboard an airplane. Are the current standards perfect? No, but they are better than no standards.

Back
Top Bottom