Airline destroyed bag with BCD's in it- how to check them out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course your LDS said the safest thing is to replace it. From a liability perspective they can not give any other answer.

The only thing I would be worried about is a sharp edge of the luggage piercing the bladder. This should be easy to detect.

If you are nervous about testing it yourself, then take it to another shop for "annual servicing" (I would not mention the luggage issue or else they will want to replace it as well).

Unsolicited luggage tip: Make sure you fill your hardside luggage fully and then some. Modern thin skin hardside luggage has no structural integrity, just a hard skin. An empty hardside is very easy to damage. A hardside jammed full of phone books is bullet proof.

Maybe the cargo hold was overbooked, and the bag refused to leave when United asked it to.
Damnit I can't keep buying new keyboards dude.

Courtesy warning to put the coffee down, like so please:

:java::java::java:

Well, on a positive note, at least no giant bunnies were injured.

I would have to think the airline would replace the BCD.

A bcd is much cheaper than a funeral, if in doubt(which you seem to have by posting), I'd replace it. This is why I put my wing in my carry on, and my BP in the check bag.

Jayfarmlaw: I have been having a discussion on another forum about baggage issues and luggage damage, etc., and would like to use your picture in that discussion, just illustrate baggage handling issues and concerns. Do you have any problem with me using your photo?

Jayfarmlaw: I have been having a discussion on another forum about baggage issues and luggage damage, etc., and would like to use your picture in that discussion, just illustrate baggage handling issues and concerns. Do you have any problem with me using your photo?
Sure!!!! Hope it helps. SW replacd our bag with a similar one. Still dealing with the equipment issue.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom