Airlines in Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry if my "laughable" came across the wrong way. My point is that Garuada is a 5 Star airline... comparable with Singapore Air, Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc... Batik is a spit-shined Lion Air with TV screens and a meal. To be clear, I have had wonderful experiences on Batik, Lion Air, Trans Nusa, Express, and all the discount carriers in Indonesia. I have also been absolutely miserable when things went wrong. Garuda has never told me, "There is nothing we will do. It is not our problem." Lion has used those exact words more than once

All airlines have faults, but when things go bad (broken planes, weather, missed connections, repaving the runway (it happened to me), lost luggage, etc...) to tell people on here Batik is on the same level as Garuda simply is not accurate. Most people come here once or twice for a trip of a lifetime to R4 and/or Komodo. I would never, ever tell someone to put their amazing vacation in the hands of the Lion Air group. When things go wrong Garuada will make it right- at least in the same way you would expect from a major carrier in Asia. When things go wrong on Lion...man...and you have no Bahasa...and you have to make a boat out of Sorong in 15 hours....man...

Sorry if my "laughable" came across the wrong way. My point is that Garuada is a 5 Star airline... comparable with Singapore Air, Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc... Batik is a spit-shined Lion Air with TV screens and a meal. To be clear, I have had wonderful experiences on Batik, Lion Air, Trans Nusa, Express, and all the discount carriers in Indonesia. I have also been absolutely miserable when things went wrong. Garuda has never told me, "There is nothing we will do. It is not our problem." Lion has used those exact words more than once

All airlines have faults, but when things go bad (broken planes, weather, missed connections, repaving the runway (it happened to me), lost luggage, etc...) to tell people on here Batik is on the same level as Garuda simply is not accurate. Most people come here once or twice for a trip of a lifetime to R4 and/or Komodo. I would never, ever tell someone to put their amazing vacation in the hands of the Lion Air group. When things go wrong Garuada will make it right- at least in the same way you would expect from a major carrier in Asia. When things go wrong on Lion...man...and you have no Bahasa...and you have to make a boat out of Sorong in 15 hours....man...

I agree with your points!

A question to anyone that has flown Batik from Jakarta to Sorong (or to anywhere, for that matter): I booked business class tickets though Nusatrip (they were an insanely good price for a 5 hour business class flight). However, I later noticed that instead of "Mr Donald A B***** III" (as it says on my passport), it was booked as "Mr Donald B******". I am normally very careful about putting my full name on tickets, so I highly doubt it was my error, but they aren't able to change the name after the fact. I'm not as worried about the middle initial not being on there as I am the suffix. I emailed Batik about it directly in hopes of them at least putting a notation on my reservation, but I never heard back.

Does anyone anticipate that I'll run into any issues? I plan on getting to JKT several hours before my flight just in case.

Last edited:
A question to anyone that has flown Batik from Jakarta to Sorong (or to anywhere, for that matter): I booked business class tickets though Nusatrip (they were an insanely good price for a 5 hour business class flight). However, I later noticed that instead of "Mr Donald A B***** III" (as it says on my passport), it was booked as "Mr Donald B******". I am normally very careful about putting my full name on tickets, so I highly doubt it was my error, but they aren't able to change the name after the fact. I'm not as worried about the middle initial not being on there as I am the suffix. I emailed Batik about it directly in hopes of them at least putting a notation on my reservation, but I never heard back.

Does anyone anticipate that I'll run into any issues? I plan on getting to JKT several hours before my flight just in case.

I flew Batik to Jakarta in business that was purchased through Nusatrip as well and got it for something ridiculous like $30 more than economy. Just a warning this is an Indonesian non-stop...meaning you stop. lol.

I am happy to report that mine was also issued without my middle initial and I got on the plane with no issues. :)

I flew Batik to Jakarta in business that was purchased through Nusatrip as well and got it for something ridiculous like $30 more than economy. Just a warning this is an Indonesian non-stop...meaning you stop. lol.

I am happy to report that mine was also issued without my middle initial and I got on the plane with no issues. :)

Same here. I don't remember if it was $30, but it was something ridiculously low enough that made it an absolute no-brainer. The extra included luggage almost made up for the price difference itself. I don't think many care about the middle initial, it's the fact that the suffiz "III" is missing that I'm a little more worried about.

Same here. I don't remember if it was $30, but it was something ridiculously low enough that made it an absolute no-brainer. The extra included luggage almost made up for the price difference itself. I don't think many care about the middle initial, it's the fact that the suffiz "III" is missing that I'm a little more worried about.

I also have a suffix, and although I can't recall any specific instance, my guess (purely a guess) is that they would't know what to make of a suffix one way or the other. If you have a photo ID with the non-suffix name, bring it.

- Bill

I quite often get tickets which say Mike Veitch instead of Michael Veitch (which is in my passport) never an issue.. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as Donald and B**** are both in there.. although I doubt B**** is your name :p

I have often had my names reversed. First as last- last as first. Never an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom