Airlines in Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to point out that the calendar for booking trips on the Garuda website starts on MONDAY, not SUNDAY as we are used to in the US.

Be careful, otherwise you could miss your trip!

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 16.36.04.png

Like Darnold Ive often had first and last names mixed up on boarding passes - For a while there a few years ago Agoda Hotels and Lion Air both had my first name on their database as Cinderella......I dont know why, Its an Indo thing, just roll with it.

In Vietnam foreigners get away with mistakes like that, but locals often get shaken down for change fees at the airport. I wouldn't worry about a suffix in your case.

Like Darnold Ive often had first and last names mixed up on boarding passes - For a while there a few years ago Agoda Hotels and Lion Air both had my first name on their database as Cinderella......I dont know why, Its an Indo thing, just roll with it.

That must have been very awkward on long haul flights when they pass out PJ's and slippers.

I flew Batik to Jakarta in business that was purchased through Nusatrip as well and got it for something ridiculous like $30 more than economy. Just a warning this is an Indonesian non-stop...meaning you stop. lol.

I am happy to report that mine was also issued without my middle initial and I got on the plane with no issues. :)

Adding that my passport has my middle name but the ticket issued did not include. I can’t remember if I included it as my given name and they omitted or whether Nusatrip didn’t ask for full given/middle at all

Some airlines are getting more stringent with middle names. Cathay Pacific is who I usually fly from the US to VN and back, and they now are very specific about it. Maybe something with the increased security stuff, idk. But I agree with the above, it seems most airlines still are not too strict with omitting it in SE Asia.

Has anyone tried the "bid upgrade" for Garuda and had it work out? I'm happy to fly biz class, and I'm happy to bid, but the floor they seem to ask is too high for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom