Akona glove warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveMD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm kind of lost as to what to do with these gloves I bought less than a year ago when I was in panama city. They have 2 dives in panama city when i bought them and 1 dive in a local quarry today in which the thumb started to unravel at the seems.

imag0184b.jpg

Imageshack - imag0184b.jpg
imag0183.jpg

Imageshack - imag0183.jpg

I would take them back to the "LDS" except they are >5 hours away and I can't remember the name of the shop. Is there anyway I can warranty these or do I just need to toss them in the trash?

All Akona products have a 2 year warranty. You can contact any authorized Akona dealer (you do not need to physically go to the store) by phone or email and let them know your situation. The dealer will contact Akona to get this resolved. We will need you to provide your proof of purchase when sending in the gloves. The dealer will provide the name, address and vital Return Authorization number to get this processed.

All Akona products have a 2 year warranty. You can contact any authorized Akona dealer (you do not need to physically go to the store) by phone or email and let them know your situation. The dealer will contact Akona to get this resolved. We will need you to provide your proof of purchase when sending in the gloves. The dealer will provide the name, address and vital Return Authorization number to get this processed.

If I had the original proof of purchase I wouldn't have any trouble remembering the name of the shop I bought them at :idk:

I guess I'll have to toss them since I don't have a reciept

Just remember if you have bought them from an Unauthorized dealer you are out of luck. There is one out there online that is big, I will not mention there name, and most of what they sell is gray market, it even states this on there website you just have to find it, and most do not take the time because the prices look to good to pass up.

Keep your local Dive Shops in business, support them and not unauthorized online scuba dealers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom