Alan Hirasawa has died

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Alan had a small shop in Gilroy where he repaired and sold drysuits. At night, he repaired trains for a living. I'm trying to find out who is dealing with his estate for those of us who have their drysuits in his shop for repair.

He was quite a character. I met him after his diving years were done. Nice guy and he had quite a collection of suits to choose from or reminisce about. He will be missed.

Per the Gilroy dispatch; Police discovered the body of a man found inside an office complex at 8505 Church St. in Gilroy this afternoon, according to Gilroy Police Sgt. Pedro Espinoza.
Carl Alan Hirasawa, 56, had been missing since last Wednesday when he was discovered dead by police Tuesday afternoon, according to his coworker Roseann Solorio.

Do you have the rest of the article? I don't have a subscription and they block the remainder of the article to non-subscribers.

I don't have the article, I only have what I listed. However, as of 6-27-13, detective Ballard of the Gilroy police is trying to locate the next of kin of Alan's. Once this is done, I and other parties that have drysuits in for repair at Alan's locker will be notified. The manager of the storage complex is aware of what is going on, and will also be notified once the next of kin is found. In the mean time, the locker is under the jurisdiction of the coroner's office and is locked up.

Gilroy Police Detective John Ballard – (408) 846-0300

Coworker Roseann Solorio -- (408) 578-5633 / (831) 637-8890

Regards,

DocVikingo

Please note as of today, July 8, 2013, detective Ballard has heard nothing from the coroner's office. If you have a suit that was in Alan's locker, it's best to call Filice & Co. at 408-847-4900 and ask for Debra at the Gilroy office. You can then give her your name, phone number and e-mail, and she will notify you when either her office or Gilroy PD hears from the family. She said it may be a long process. I would not bother detective Ballard since it's the coroner's case.

The management company has found the family and I picked up my drysuit today. URGENT!!! If you have a drysuit in for repair, you MUST notify the management ASAP.
[FONT=&quot] info@filicerentals.com or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]408-847-4900.[/FONT] They are closed on week ends but do check their messages. There is a chance all the gear may be tossed. I advised the management company to try and hold onto the gear so it could be bought up by someone. We shall see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom