Albert Falco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
April 21, 2012 - Captain of the Calypso....

Godsped Albert you are one of the unsung heros of diving!

This just rolling in and thought I would share.

Albert Falco, Bébert, my “older brother” just left us for the Big Blue. Hiskindness, dedication and commitment will continue to inspire us to never stop takingcare of our life support system….the ocean….until we join him in the Big Blue.Oceans of hugs and friendship,Jean-MichelJean-Michel Cousteau | PresidentJean-Michel Cousteau's Ocean Futures Society325 Chapala StSanta Barbara, CA 93101USAp. 805.899.8899 x124f. 805.899.8898jmcousteau@oceanfutures.orgWebsite, email and FTP proudly hosted by 100% solar energyGreen Web Hosting thats powered by on-site solar panels

Last edited:
Merde alors! (but we do have all the cousteau episones on DVD to keep your memory alive)

Jon

Sad news indeed... but we are blessed with the knowledge we've gained from early pioneers like Falco and The Captain. I only hope some of the current crop of youngsters learn more about these incredible people. On the day of J?YC's 100th birthday there was so little time given to celebrating that event and spreading knowledge of The Captain. I'll have to watch The Silent World again when I get home.

On the day of J-YC's 100th birthday there was so little time given to celebrating that event and spreading knowledge of The Captain.

Poor Falco had the bad luck to die on the day of the French presidential election, so he didn't even make it to p5 of the newspaper here, nor to the evening news on the television.

It seems as if their generation are now almost completely forgotten even here in their home country.

How sad.

Jon

Afterdark, that was great video. I've just watched a couple Falco video's on You Tube.

If anyone has a chance to watch The Coral Divers of Corsica, it's great. Falco was awesome in that video.

RIP Albert Falco, you will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom