Albert Falco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing the slide show.

Someone posted this Britannic on VDH a while ago. It has become one of my favorite videos.

Can you imagine asking Falco,"what have you been up to sir?"

"Well I was the first to set eyes on the Britannic 56 years after her sinking. And then I got out of the saucer and did a 375 ft. to her using tri-mix and a double hose Mistral."

Thankfully, they took good video to share with the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNJgDiygbc

Poor Falco had the bad luck to die on the day of the French presidential election, so he didn't even make it to p5 of the newspaper here, nor to the evening news on the television.

It seems as if their generation are now almost completely forgotten even here in their home country.

How sad.

Jon

I noted that with great sorrow. Falco was a role model for me when I was very young. Sea Hunt sparked the my interest in diving, Albert Falco showed me how interesting and challenging real diving can be. I keep checking the Europe section, not a word about Falco. :(

Fascinating video. What is the white ball attached to the manifold of the diver's tanks?

WOW very cool film. They were wearing no Bc's, no back up lights, no redundancy, no gloves and were obviously pretty heavy during the dive.

When I was a kid I was fascinated by the underwater pictures in National Geographic of the Red Sea Habitat and the diving exploits of the crew of the Calypso.

RIP Albert Falco.

WOW very cool film. They were wearing no Bc's, no back up lights, no redundancy, no gloves and were obviously pretty heavy during the dive.

Yeah, just how does a diver trim for 370' dive without a BC of some kind. Also how did the gasmix work from the surface to the bottom? They weren't slinging any bottles! And a red hat and a scarf at 370fsw!

Last edited:
They were bad asses. I suspect they pulled themselves down the line at the start of the dive.

Poor Falco had the bad luck to die on the day of the French presidential election, so he didn't even make it to p5 of the newspaper here, nor to the evening news on the television.

It seems as if their generation are now almost completely forgotten even here in their home country.

How sad.

Jon

You don't become famous in France these days for anything other than reducing the national work week or increasing pension incomes. :wink:

They were bad asses. I suspect they pulled themselves down the line at the start of the dive.

Or left their weights at the deco chamber at 150fsw and / orleft more weights with saucer which seemed to be hovering outside the entire dive. We only saw what they'd edited. I didn't see any wreck reels, markings on the wreckage or fixed lines, to show the way in or out. Attempted suicide by todays standards! I remember reading about their Aritic ice dives in current without lines to almost 200fsw. BA's for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom