Alcohol and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me Corona works best for the warm water shallow deco stops, fol cold water preferably Guinness. Deeper stops required something less carbonated.... Belvedere with cranberry juice.
DIEB Diving
rgrds
tomek

Are you taking into account for your dive plan that Guinness is pressurized with NITROGEN?
One thing to keep in mind about night clubs is that you seldom want to penetrate a club on stout, ale or beer. I know, some of the macho jerks do this and brag to all of their buddies but believe me, it's not DIR. You have to do it on mixed drinks. Obviously the mix will be different on different nights but a good vodka tonic mix is pretty standard. Again, there's a right way and a wrong way to do this. You can't just order any old vodka or depend on some bartender to get the mix right. That's what the strokes do. No, you order Stoli vodka which has an excellent reputation in the DIR partying community. The correct blend is 2oz Stoli with tonic water poured over ice in a highball glass (lemon or lime optional). I always bring a testing kit with me and if the blend is off, I send it back. It's just not worth the risk and it's not DIR.

So you penetrate the night club and you've got a good mix, now it's time to meet the ladies. I should have said this earlier but watch your drink consumption. It's a well known fact that women look 25% - 30% better in a night club and if you get all narc'd up on vodka tonic, it increases your chances of a coyote ugly blackout. You have to keep your wits about you.

Are you taking into account for your dive plan that Guinness is pressurized with NITROGEN?
But off course Andy! Are you trying to tell me that your version of GAP software did not come with 'Guinness accelerated deco' option?

No, you order Stoli vodka which has an excellent reputation in the DIR partying community.......
It's a well known fact that women look 25% - 30% better in a night club and if you get all narc'd up on vodka tonic, it increases your chances of a coyote ugly blackout. You have to keep your wits about you.
That were Belvedere Vodka comes handy - it is the only Vodka that have a sobriety test build into the bottle. That fancy building, named Belvedere, portrait on the flask, it's real. It is former Governor palace, presently residence of Polish president in Warsaw. While drinking, you have to keep an eye on the bottle. If you start seeing Mr. President waving to you from the second window on the left you are definitely in that '30% looking better' zone. On the other hand, if the President starts talking to you, you don't have to worry any more - there is gonna be no action at all.

Coming back to video,considering ourself friends of environment, I have to mention, that none of the bottles were left on the bottom. Thanks to DIEB Fundamentals, they were all properly shoot toward the surface and retrieved by the vessel crew.
rgrds
Tomek

One thing to keep in mind about night clubs is that you seldom want to penetrate a club on stout, ale or beer. I know, some of the macho jerks do this and brag to all of their buddies but believe me, it's not DIR. You have to do it on mixed drinks. Obviously the mix will be different on different nights but a good vodka tonic mix is pretty standard. Again, there's a right way and a wrong way to do this. You can't just order any old vodka or depend on some bartender to get the mix right. That's what the strokes do. No, you order Stoli vodka which has an excellent reputation in the DIR partying community. The correct blend is 2oz Stoli with tonic water poured over ice in a highball glass (lemon or lime optional). I always bring a testing kit with me and if the blend is off, I send it back. It's just not worth the risk and it's not DIR.

So you penetrate the night club and you've got a good mix, now it's time to meet the ladies. I should have said this earlier but watch your drink consumption. It's a well known fact that women look 25% - 30% better in a night club and if you get all narc'd up on vodka tonic, it increases your chances of a coyote ugly blackout. You have to keep your wits about you.

:rofl3:
Now that's a straight to the point, streamlined explanation!

DIR->Drinking In Recreation?

For me Corona works best for the warm water shallow deco stops, fol cold water preferably Guinness. Deeper stops required something less carbonated.... Belvedere with cranberry juice.
DIEB Diving
rgrds
tomek

I smell the coming of a new distinctive specialty course:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom