Alcohol sales today!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drink Bohemia or Negra Modelo. No fruit needed!:cheers::coke:

Chedraui seems to have good tequila prices, BTW. We brought a couple bottles back and skipped the duty-free this time.

It depends. Lime with Negra Modelo, Tecate, Corona. No lime with Leon Negra or Bohemia.

Wow...Nobody has a sense of humor today...didn't know you all took your fruited beer so seriously !

Nah, not so serious, more like a potato/potahto kind of thing. I use lime in my beer only on dive trips. Never at home. But I'm not a connoisseur. I like my Sol with a lime, and my Crown neat water back, and I usually only have 1 margarita when i first get there. (I have been known to sip some Don Julio anejo, though.)

But I'm not a connoisseur. I like my Sol with a lime

Saying you like Sol, and are not a connoisseur is a bit redundant. :) The best beers in Mexico don't seem to make it to Cozumel. Take a day trip to Playa and check out Club De La Cerveza on 5th ave and 38th. They have some wonderful Mexican micro brews. I love the Minerva stout.

https://www.facebook.com/clubdelacerveza.mx

Saying you like Sol, and are not a connoisseur is a bit redundant. :) The best beers in Mexico don't seem to make it to Cozumel. Take a day trip to Playa and check out Club De La Cerveza on 5th ave and 38th. They have some wonderful Mexican micro brews. I love the Minerva stout.

https://www.facebook.com/clubdelacerveza.mx

Okay, redundancy accepted. I don't like micro brews. I've been to Playa, and it's just okay. Those non-carbonated beers tend to give me intense diarrhea. Like I said before; potato/potahto. Cheers!:cheers:

Dang, I just noticed you look like George Clooney (so your wife says), the Toronto Mapleleafs will be officially be out of the playoffs after their first game next season, and my wife and I love diving with you. So the deal will be, if accepted; I will buy you one of your beers, and you can buy me one of mine, when we come back down in September. How aboot that?

Last edited:
FACT: Alcohol sales in grocery and liquor stores are Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm - unless there is an election and it is a dry weekend.

FACT: Sundays, alcohol sales are from 10am to 3pm except in restaurants, bars or resorts with licenses.

Bohemia (lager or obscura) makes a darned fine chelada or michelada.

In my non-humble opinion, anyone who doesn't like kriek doesn't really like beer. There are MANY examples of beer with fruit from around the world (Weissbier mit Himbeersaft, all sorts of Belgian fruity yumminess apart from kriek, lemon syrup in beer in various countries, and on and on). Ignoring or dismissing them out-of-hand is the sign of parochial close-mindedness, not connoisseurship.

I take all beer seriously, not just "fruited".

Bohemia (lager or obscura) makes a darned fine chelada or michelada.

In my non-humble opinion, anyone who doesn't like kriek doesn't really like beer. There are MANY examples of beer with fruit from around the world (Weissbier mit Himbeersaft, all sorts of Belgian fruity yumminess apart from kriek, lemon syrup in beer in various countries, and on and on). Ignoring or dismissing them out-of-hand is the sign of parochial close-mindedness, not connoisseurship.

I take all beer seriously, not just "fruited".
I have tried several fruit infused beers and I haven't cared for any of them beyond a little splash of lime (if you'd call that an infusion) in a few of them. To claim that I don't "really like beer" is silly. I like some of them a lot (too much?) and some I don't care for. My beer of choice is Anchor Porter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom