Aldora and 3 P's Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They advertise max 10 on the Skinny Shark but as deepsea21 pointed out it has a very wide beam with lots of space. I was mostly on the Loan Shark but I don't recall more then 7 maybe 8 but again we never felt crowded, especially under the waves since experienced divers were allow to dive their own profile so the group was well spaced.

Yes, when UW with 3P's there is no restrictive, controlled "chain" of divers all fining each other in the face. For those who chose to hang tight with the DM they can... For those who chose to venture away on their own (keeping the DM and members of the group in sight or following their bubbles rising from swim-through's underneath) you're welcome to do so. As 3P's offers experienced divers the level of freedom they want, if you're an inexperienced or newer diver and elect to hang tight with the DM you basically can enjoy a private DM to yourselves and enjoy a tour as the DM's find lots of great critters big and small. Quite frankly, as my wife and I do venture away and hang shallower for better photo ops of critters, we sometimes miss great finds by the DM's who have keen eyes and know where to find cool critters but, then again, we find cool critters on our own too. There's stuff to be found and seen EVERYWHERE in coz.

What op does that?

Umm... Every AI-anchored cattle boat dive op on the island. Few or none here dive with them but back in the day when I was a new diver I dove with them... I found it astonishing that those cattle boat AI divers needed any weight at all as they wore enough gold chains, bracelets, Rolex watches, and random gold wrapped anything that could hold it you'd think they'd sink right to the bottom. Hop on an AI cattle boat for kicks and see what ya see. Last time I was on one I mentioned to a couple that to the fish that gold looks just like like shiny flickering minnows and lures... Then I watched them spend the next 5 minutes trying to take all that gold off and asking if it was safe to leave it on the boat! Good Lord!

That's funny. I dove with an AI in Feb and I didn't see any of what you negatively describe. No rolexs. No gold chains. Divers were not all on top of each other.

In fact, my experience closely matched what you positively described of 3P. i.e. stay in visual range of DM and ascend with your buddy when you are out of air. I also saw lots and lots experience divers who have been coming back for years. I even saw a person who stayed in town and took a taxi to the hotel in order to dive.

I think you need to stop painting with such a wide brush.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom