All about Oxygen O2 Analyzers, including DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any recommendations for oxygen analyzers anyone?

Make it your self from the parts kit for ~$100.
The sensor is the expensive (and critical) part... the rest is just a dedicated voltmeter to tell you what the sensor is sensing... does that make sense.

Check it out here

Leisure Pro has DiveRite's analyzer for 50 bucks I think. (it's less than 100). Anyone use DR's before?

TxDeepDiver once bubbled...
Leisure Pro has DiveRite's analyzer for 50 bucks I think. (it's less than 100). Anyone use DR's before?
...come with a fresh O2 sensor?

Sure you weren't looking at the OMS DIN adapter for O2 analyzers? I don't see Leisurepro selling Diverite analyzers.

I think you're referring to the flow meter, not the oxygen analyser.
Rick

According to DR's website part number for the VTI Ox Analyzer is 2087. LP's part number is DIV2087. Description on LP's site is word for word the same as in DR's catalog. LP's description is as follows:

Includes: 2087 flow meter

Includes O2 sensor, 2087 flow meter and an Otter Box for storage and transport

Could this be the sleeper deal of Ox analyzers??
Inquiring minds want to know.....

UP, Leisure Pro does sell some DR equipment. Type "dive rite" in the search box on there home page, check out page 5 of the DR products.

2087 flow meter
I'm certain that this is an errant cut~n~paste from DR's webpage.

The line: "Includes O2 sensor, 2087 flow meter and an Otter Box for storage and transport" is for the VTI analyzer and LP screwed up and pasted it in too.

It would make no sense to include a sensor and Otter box with a flow meter without including the *Analyzer.*

Of course we all know that the cheap part is the *Analyzer* so if you can get them to ship you an O2 sensor, flow meter (restrictor) and Otter Box for $50 then you've got a killer deal... you can make the *Analyzer* for ~$10 :D

My bet is that they'll claim typo.

Thanx for the advice everyone. I just saved 200-300 USD :)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Of course we all know that the cheap part is the *Analyzer* so if you can get them to ship you an O2 sensor, flow meter (restrictor) and Otter Box for $50 then you've got a killer deal... you can make the *Analyzer* for ~$10 :D

My bet is that they'll claim typo.

That's kind of what I was thinkin' too. But if they did honor that it would be nice. Some one else will have to try, I'll just get pissed and try to fight them over it. Might get my Otter box!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom