All I can say is I hate drysuits!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubba05

Registered
Reaction score
Like the title states, I hate drysuits. Got mine today and I wore it for the first and last time! The most uncomfortable, bouyant, irratating, thing I have ever tried to swim in. And I mean tried. Wasn't much swimming to it. Just alot of floating around with my damn feet straight up over my head with air pockets in the feet so big they knock my fins off.

On a different note, anyone interested in buying a like new drysuit. I'll make you a sweet deal.

Bubba05:
Like the title states, I hate drysuits. Got mine today and I wore it for the first and last time! The most uncomfortable, bouyant, irratating, thing I have ever tried to swim in. And I mean tried. Wasn't much swimming to it. Just alot of floating around with my damn feet straight up over my head with air pockets in the feet so big they knock my fins off.

On a different note, anyone interested in buying a like new drysuit. I'll make you a sweet deal.

A couple of questions.....

Did anyone show you HOW to dive in a Dry Suit -- not that its THAT complicated, but there are a couple of things you need to know.

Is this a custom suit or is stock? Does it fit well or is it baggy as all heck?

What brand, make, and size is it and how much do you want? :wink:

Sorry about the rant. We were shown the basic idea, but not too in depth. It is a custom fit by Whites the Aqua Pro SE. Fits good I guess, not baggy. If you can provide any tips, it would be greatly appreciated and will save it from becoming a very expensive pile of garbage laying in the corner of my basement. lol

Bubba05:

10 dives.

It took me 10 dives to get it. That's very little to pay considering that i've made 1000+ toasty-warm dives since then.

Don't give up. If you are having a lot of trouble with it then sign up for the drysuit specialty.

Where do you live, mate?

R..

10 dives, really? WOW. I guess I can give another try. I knew it would be alot different from a wetsuit, but not expecting what I got. I will keep working on it and check into a speciality class too.

As previously stated it takes a few dives to get used to diving a drysuit. There are basically two ways to dive a drysuit by using your suit for bouyancy control or adding just enough air to the suit to eliminate excessive squeeze and using your BC for buoyancy. I prefer the latter as it eliminates a lot of the feet up problems especially when in a heads down position looking under rocks and such.

Most importantly you need to be shown/taught what to do in case of a feet up ascent, stuck inflator, run away ascent etc. Either have a seasoned drysuit diver show you the ropes or take a class. Me personally, I will never dive a wetsuit again in cold water.

I have 5 dives in my new Diving Concepts Pinacle 200 and every dive feels more natural than the last. Iam warm as others are cold!

Drat! I thought you wanted to get rid of it! Keep trying, I got it on the first dive but I know people who struggled at first. Even though it sounds obvious, keep your feet down.Keep air at a minimum at first. I was so scared my feet were going to shoot skyward, I only gave it a little puff when I couldn't stand the squeeze. Open your dump valve all the way, tighten it 1/4 turn & whatever you do DON'T LOOK AT IT!!! (I don't know why, but "the master" taught me this trick. It works!!!!

I predict that 2 months from now you will post "I take it all back!" Your profile indicates that you're a relatively new diver. As you adjust to diving in general and the drysuit in particular, you'll wonder how you ever dived without it. Drysuits rule!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom