All inclusive bahamas dive resort? Such a monster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
Is there a "good" all inclusive bahamas dive resort?

Would love to find some place that my wife (non-diver, but does snorkel) could have fun also while I could enjoy some diving.

Thanks!

There is a Beaches but they do not have a Dive Shop on location. There is one that comes to the Hotel and does a Try Scuba and maybe offers a OW class (not sure).

I think there is a Sandals there too...

I believe that Stuart Dive Shop will pick people up from most of the hotels that are on the beach (Sandals is right beside Wyndam). I did a weeks diving with Stuart Cove and their dive package included staying at the Wyndam. They are a pretty good dive shop.

Michael

There is a Sandals resort in Nassau. And, Scuba is included in the "all inclusive" price. I have not stayed at one, but I'm sure we'd all be be interested in hear from anyone that has. I have been considering the Sandals in St. Lucia next September and I'd like hear any stories about that one as well.
**D**

I have stayed at the sandals grande st lucia, you will love it. I have stayed at Sandals in jamaica (twice) and Sandals ST Lucia (twice) St Lucia is still my favourate.

One warning regarding all inclusive resort scuba diving - Sandals is my experience. The resort was awesome and we had a great time but the diving was not great. On average about 30 people on the boat with most dives not lasting longer than 35 minutes. Also take a Doctors note if you have any issues as they make you fill out the medical questionairre to dive, not just for a course.

If you want serious diving then avoid them.

Some info on Sandals St Lucia:

We stayed at the Sandals in St Lucia this September - The Halcyon. It was awesome. Lots to do, great food, awesome pools etc. I would stay at the Regency though. It had all the best restuarants and we spent most evenings in the Buses going there for dinner.

They have a 3 in 1 option. Meaning you can stay at any of the 3 hotels and there are buses every hour to take you to any of them. You can eat and use facilities at any of them. So that is pretty cool.

Also the actual diving is done from the harbour not straight from the resort so it is an extra bus ride to go diving each morning.

As before we had some great dives which we enjoyed but I wouldn't stay at Sandals if I were going for a dive trip. The Island is also really beautiful and the people are all really friendly. Try get up the Pitons, we used a guy called Joe. He was awesome.

Joe Knows Tours: Cell: (758) 717-1893, Home: (758) 450-3847

Don't really have any ideas on other places to stay if you want more serious diving but friends of ours stayed at Tikaye where they were basically the only people on the boat that time of year. They said the diving was great but the place was really quiet.

Some pictures of the diving and the sandals resorts from our trip: http://photo.wildtree.net/scubadude/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom