All the single ladies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who would I rather dive with- male or female...... It depends on how hot the male is. A hot set of abs and that hipbone on a guy beats out my bestest friend..... eyecandy wins. Sorry girls. :D

Important to be aware SDG is, in fact, a business. It's not like a local dive club. Female or not, you pay to have a local dive guide. At least around here. They also promote products to the girls on behalf of manufacturers. Personally, I think SB is a great resource for finding buddies....even just females.

I have several female dive buddies. I do make sure I have a larger tank, though. I've found women to be absolutely NO different than men once underwater....except that damn air consumption thing.

I got certified right before I studied abroad in Australia, and the girl I knew before we left was my dive buddy those 5 months. Back here at home though, I'm usually the only girl in my group, except when a girlfriend of one of the guys dives with us. Doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm usually hanging out with the guys above water too.

I think it's hard for girls to break into diving because it is so male dominated. Not having many gals to go to for advice is always a bit daunting for many.

album.php

What? You guys have never heard of the Scuba Diver Girls? Here's a whole group of women diving together all over the place. Check out their website at Scuba Diver Girls or find them on the following sites:

Scuba Diver Girls | Facebook
https://twitter.com/scubadivergirls
Scuba Diver Girls (Scuba Diver Girls) | MySpace

Search for them on Youtube too.

Teamcasa speaks highly of you all. :D

As for more girl teams there are a couple of female dive clubs in Florida. One of which I used to be a member. I agree that most females like to dive with their SO's or male divers, but I do know several female divers here in Sunny South Florida, from under 50 dives to tech, who happily buddy with me whenever our schedules allow. At those times, I'd call us a buddy team. :)

This is just my experience, so take it for what it is.

I've suggested for women that I met on dive boats to go diving with each other and establish permanent buddy teams. Most of them said that they'd prefer to go with their significant others. Some said that they'd prefer to be with men buddies for just in case a rescue needed to be done.

I tried to convince them that well trained female divers are just as good as well trained male divers, but somehow they still prefer to be with a male buddy. Talk about setting back women's lib. Perhaps some of the ladies could explain to me as to why these women would feel more comfortable with men buddies?

The assumption that most men are physically stronger on land seems to cloud some women's judgement. Water is a great equalizer, and I dare say that I would feel more confident that my female dive buddy would be a better life-saver than her husband if there were an underwater emergency. I enjoy diving with just about anyone, but I'm more interested in the right mentality as opposed to one's "plumbing."

When I went diving in Curacao a number of years ago, I was the only man on the dive boat for three days. The rest of the divers were composed of a group of females (from Cincinnati, I think). They were all associated with a shop, and one of them was the owner. They did a week-long trip like this every year. We had a great time.

Who would I rather dive with- male or female...... It depends on how hot the male is. A hot set of abs and that hipbone on a guy beats out my bestest friend..... eyecandy wins. Sorry girls.

Ah, yes, there is nothing quite like a tall, fit man in black trilaminate . . .

who would i rather dive with- male or female...... It depends on how hot the male is. A hot set of abs and that hipbone on a guy beats out my bestest friend..... Eyecandy wins. Sorry girls. :d

+ 1

ah, yes, there is nothing quite like a tall, fit man in black trilaminate . . .

+1

Teamcasa speaks highly of you all. :D

As for more girl teams there are a couple of female dive clubs in Florida. One of which I used to be a member. I agree that most females like to dive with their SO's or male divers, but I do know several female divers here in Sunny South Florida, from under 50 dives to tech, who happily buddy with me whenever our schedules allow. At those times, I'd call us a buddy team. :)

They dive with you cause your so darn cute!! Guys have our standards too :D

Ok, did hear you were a good diver too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom