Alligator in Lake Lanier!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one in cold water? Wait until winter, it will go away.

Mike

That is what they said when they introduced gators into the Tennessee River 30 years ago..... that they winter would take care of them... well it didn't.

There is now a thriving gator population on the Tennessee River, and it's further north than Lanier.

And also gators much further north....

I've even seen wild snakes in Canada and they are cold blooded also.

These creatures have found a way to survive.

Cut the line or he'll pull out the transom on our dingy! He can't stay down with 3 coke cans in him, not with 3, he can't.

We should catch him and take him to Pelham. He will be a gatorcicle, as cold as I've heard that water is.

...have to start carrying a 30-06, in case I can stuff a tank in its mouth (now was that steel or aluminum... hp or lp... din or yoke..?).

Show me the way to go home....
I'm sleepy and I wana go to bed....
I had a little drink about an hour ago, and it went right to my head.

You go in the cage.....
cage goes into the water....
gators in the water, our gators in the water!

Oh... that... That, Mr. Hooper, is the U.S.S. Wet 'n Wild...
Eight divers went into the water...
Six were wearing splits and integrated octos...
Only the other two made it out...
Gator, current, and free-flow got the rest...

I bumped into my buddy after two days in the water. Bosenmate....I thought he was asleep so I shook him, he bobbed and upended himself. I noticed he was wearing splits, a backplate, and frameless mask.

All we could do was get in groups..splits over there, paddles over there, PADI over there, NAUI over there, jacket BC's over there, and wings over there. If the gator came towards them they would start shouting and kicking and punching. Sometimes the gator would go.....sometimes in wouldn't. It would just look at you with those lifeless eyes.....dolls eyes.

Well, then let’s go and get him. The question is how he got all the way up to Lake Lanier. My best guess would be that somebody got cold feet and released him.

I always enjoy seeing some white (gator) belly-buttons when I do my deco in Florida. I'm getting nervous when I don’t see them but I know that they are around.

I heard that they put out a trap last night to get the gator. They put some chicken meat in there. He took the bait and pulled down the side of the dock, one man is missing. I think it was Ben Gardner, the last I heard.
We need to get this gator and put Lake Lanier's businesses back on a paying basis. It won't be easy, it's not like going down to the pond and catching crabs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom