Altera vs EVO3 Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler, can you offer up yoru expertise here. Should the boots come with extra hooks or not?

Phil

I just got a set of Altera boots and they do not have any extra hooks. Should they all have them?

Phil

Same here. Any info? Where you get them?

Same here. Any info? Where you get them?

Hi everyone,

The Altera boot was discontinued some time ago. Unfortuantley we do not have any spare pieces or parts left.

Cheers,

Justin

While we are talking boots, what is the proper size to order? I have a very wide foot (10EEEE) and was wondering a) what size to order & b) does the manufacturer factor in that you might be wearing various thicknesses of socks/insulation?

Do I get a size 12 for my foot width or a 13-14 to compensate for the additional socks?

And once you get a boot that big, what size fins do you need? XXXL?

I have a pair of 13-14 Evo III boots. Can not use them because I haven't been able to find a fin with a large enough foot pocket. Biggest i have found is OMS slipstream xxl.

I have a pair of 13-14 Evo III boots. Can not use them because I haven't been able to find a fin with a large enough foot pocket. Biggest i have found is OMS slipstream xxl.

Have you tried the 2XL Hollis fin? Bigger foot pocket the slipstreams...
Dive Right In Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom