Alternate computer setup (Oceanic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhine64

Reaction score
I have an Oceanic VT Pro computer and would like to attach it to a retractable clip and attach to my BC. However, it doesn't have an easy to remove wrist strap. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what a setup like it might be. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

rhine64:
I have an Oceanic VT Pro computer and would like to attach it to a retractable clip and attach to my BC. However, it doesn't have an easy to remove wrist strap. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what a setup like it might be. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

I can let you know more in a few days. I have the retractor ordered. I'm told the bands are on spring pins just like a watch. It's a pretty close fit under there but I think I can get the bands off without too much trouble.

I'm doing this to get the VT closer to the transmitter at all times. Why are you doing it?

djanni:
I can let you know more in a few days. I have the retractor ordered. I'm told the bands are on spring pins just like a watch. It's a pretty close fit under there but I think I can get the bands off without too much trouble.

I'm doing this to get the VT closer to the transmitter at all times. Why are you doing it?

Using a the tiny screwdriver from a swiss army knife's corkscrew makes quick work of those spring pins. I had my VTPro on a retractor but got tired of it spinning around and around trying to grab it so I could read it. I now put it on my right wrist on one of those velcro wrist straps that hooks independently to each pin so if there's a failure on one pin, it's not lost. I use my transmitter on a 6-7" hose pulled down the right side of the bc, and it can be clipped to a D-ring, which brings the transmitter close to the computer, and I've yet to have it lose sync.

RoadWarrior:

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Been out of the state for a few weeks.

I'm definitely trying to do it so I don't lose sync. On my last trip I looked down several times to find out it wasn't reading psi. I'd like to mount it on a BC and then lessen the sync problems.

Please let me know what you think about the new setup as I'm going to Hawaii in a few weeks and would like to try it out there.

Later.

Back
Top Bottom