Always Analyze!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jblack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi M.....

Picked up a 3L o2 bottle from a vip the company let me know they they pumped 500lbs of nitrox in the bottle. Brought the bottle to a Tec shop down the street and advised them the bottle was just vip and there is 500 lb of nitrox in it. keep in mind this bottle is marked 100% 02 ......... i advised the shop of the nitrox in the bottle and even told them to empty it. They took it in the back and soon returned with the bottle advising me it was full with 02....... Analyzed it this morning to find it at 80% they never emptied the nitrox or analyzed it! and yes i checked my analyzer with a known 02 bottle to be sure........
This shop is very familiar with ccr's and know 100% o2 is a must.
Be safe, and ANALYZE!!!!

..... They took it in the back and soon returned with the bottle advising me it was full with 02....... Analyzed it this morning to find it at 80% they never emptied the nitrox or analyzed it! ......
Did you tell them?

.....Be safe, and ANALYZE!!!!
Agree 100%

I suspect that fill monkeys would benefit from this advice, they obviously assumed that the O2 labelled bottle had O2 in it, in all fairness I would not even consider that a CCR O2 bottle would have anything other than O2 in it so the mistake is an easy one to make.

I am more curious as to why the VIP guys put Nitrox in it. Even if you empty it, you will still end up with a not-quite 100% mix for a couple of fills afterwards. Not enough to be a problem for sure but why even bother with the nitrox?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom