Am I evil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so Saturday I went to an event sponsered by my LDS. My boyfriend and I usually dive together but he had to work. I did three dives saturday and here's what transpired...

1-"did you put some air into your bc while you were under water?"

2.Am I pure evil?

If it was me- 1. No, I don't need too, I stay neutral in the water using my lungs as a BC devise. If you get perfectly weighted and practice so that you can control your breathing, you could do that too.....someday!

2. No, your not, your just delusional or confused or traumatized- doesn't help having your head stuffed with nonsense by idiot adults as a child, because it bugs you up later on when you need to work purely with logic and rational; which if worked through thoroughly, leaves you with impeccable morals and ethics-honest to goodness stuff.....Try that with your own children and they'll be better prepared for the real world, without the untruths about Skydaddies, Martyrs, Revolutionary hero's, enlightened ones, Virgin mothers and Boogieman.

Solo diving is easy if you have the capability to dive safely alone and if you get into serious photography in the ocean, it's almost a necessity.

2. No, your not, your just delusional or confused or traumatized- doesn't help having your head stuffed with nonsense by idiot adults as a child, because it bugs you up later on when you need to work purely with logic and rational; which if worked through thoroughly, leaves you with impeccable morals and ethics-honest to goodness stuff.....Try that with your own children and they'll be better prepared for the real world, without the untruths about Skydaddies, Martyrs, Revolutionary hero's, enlightened ones, Virgin mothers and Boogieman.

Eh? Got some issues of your own you need to work through?:idk:

Eh? Got some issues of your own you need to work through?:idk:
Would you like to elaborate what you mean by that?

Seemed pretty obvious to me.

What; that religion damages peoples ability to think rationally or not needing to put air in your BC to achieve weight neutrality in the dive environment????

so what is my issue???
What have I got wrong, or are you just going to goad me for offering my opinion?

Please enlighten me! :(

Evil? Well of coarse.
However I think sometimes necessary.
For sure we all understand and would have done the same thing!
No you are fine it is quite normal to desire normalcy in this realm of darkness we all share.
The mud puppies, arm flapping divers need to understand large predators are drown to their actions as they are looking for easy prey.
EVIL! HHHHAAAHHHHH!

CamG

Last edited:
Strangely, one way or another, Darwin is always at play to make sure genes don't get passed down.

If he thinks he's ready to go solo cavern/cave diving without training... fine by me. I'm a believer in personal responsibility and individual freedom.

Sounds like a wannabe David Shaw- the zero to hero type- David Shaw (diver) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

Instinct is the greatest part of survival genetics, the weary cautious type, who lives to fight another day.....not the believer/faith genetic!

Funny thing for Shaw was he died on his 333rd dive, times that by 2!

MMMMMMMWWWWWWAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHHAHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

I Love Satan ? Picture Of The Day | Fine Filter

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on what I should prepare for other than equipment failure / out of air?

• Get tangled in something you can't reach.
  • Jumped in negative with your air off
  • Lose track of where you are or can't get back to your exit point.
  • Lose the boat.
  • Blow out an ear and can't figure out which way "up" is or if you're heading that way.

Solo isn't amazingly dangerous and none of these are horrific problems if you can keep your head together, or even better plan to avoid them. You just need to be able to take care of whatever happens, all by yourself.

A solo class would be helpful. SDI has one. Others might too.

flots.

Back
Top Bottom