Amakusa Diving ~ November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
Do you plan to dive dry this winter/ spring?
In brief, no - never have done. Do you dive through the winter there? what's it like? Please point me to a thread if you've already discussed . . .

quiet_diver:
In brief, no - never have done. Do you dive through the winter there? what's it like? Please point me to a thread if you've already discussed . . .
I did once in my 5mm wetsuit on Dec31st. It was 10C. Actually it wasn't too bad, my face was a bit cold that's all - body was fine. The problem isn't in the water - it's after you get out. I wouldn't like to face the Amakusa boat ride like that! :11:
This year Jim and I are going to Sasebo in December and I'll get my intro to drysuits! :D Hopefully it'll be a bit warmer - but I suppose even a drysuit doesn't help your face. I expect the water will be a bit warmer than up here though judging from the coral and stuff that survives there but doesn't grow up this way.

10C in a wetsuit! I'm impressed!

No worries with face and drysuit, the only part of me that gets cold is hands when I gear down.

But yes you one right, getting out of the water is where the drysuit really shines.

Jim

jagfish:
10C in a wetsuit! I'm impressed!
Actually it was a singularly unimpressive dive in a place called Ashiya just north of me. It was my first dive in Japan after I joined their club up there. Apart from the fact it was winter and cold the max site depth was around 5m (maybe even a bit less) - it was quite a long swim out to even get that deep......and the DM wanted to hold my hand!!!! :browsmile (I had around 80 dives then)
I only did one more dive after that with that club before I met someone where I live and started diving with him. I didn't renew my membership in Ashiya! :D
My new avatar pic was taken about 3 months later when we went to Okinawa. That was a lot more fun! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom