Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker and Glover´s Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice place. But no diving with these winds!

Private messaged information sort of defeats the point of a forum, where we share our good deals and good ideas with others. If you're not comofrtable sharing where you're staying now, I hope you'll share after the trip so others can know, too. THANKS

I completely agree, but since we are still staying here, and others who are staying here might be reading this, I don't want to post where or the rate just now so we avoid any problems.

We have moved onwards, and are now in Placencia (actually been here a while now). Anyhows, we stayed at Caribbean Villas and ended up paying only 50 USD per night, which is. less than half the normal price I believe. That was only made possible because we just showed up without a booking, and we had to move rooms four times. Great place to stay, and nice with a bit of luxury from what we are used to.

The island itself is.. touristy too say the least, and not a place I'll be coming back to.

We dove with Ecologic Divers. Great shop and staff! We rent our gear (since it doesn't really fit in a back pack), and it all looked great, and I'm sure I was just very unlucky, but I was breathing water 3! times on one dive because the mouthpiece fell off, on one dive the needle on the air gauge fell off and on another the O-ring burst during descend. Luckily I'm very comfortable in water, and had no problems handling it, but someone else might.
Even so I'll happily recommend them! They were very accommodating, and unlike other dive shops on the island, they actually cancelled dives when the weather would make it unsafe to be in a boat.

We dove with Ecologic Divers. ...I was breathing water 3! times on one dive because the mouthpiece fell off, on one dive the needle on the air gauge fell off and on another the O-ring burst during descend. ...unlike other dive shops on the island, they actually cancelled dives when the weather would make it unsafe to be in a boat.

Hopefully they used the time to maintain their rental equipment. :D

I heard they're replacing everything, but ye, a little maintenance is never a bad thing :wink:

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom